Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 7-11-12
Let’s recap the results from the Laurens County Speedway last Saturday night.
- Late Model: The Southeastern Late Model Series out of Georgia dropped in at the speedway. .. In the main event, the boys from the Peach State took the top 4 spots with Davis McCoy the winner.. The highest finisher from the Laurens area was Mac Owens who finished 5th.
- Hobby: Aaron Patterson crossed the finish line 1st but the 2nd place finisher Phillip Watson lodged a protest.. When Patterson refused to tear down his car, he was disqualified and Wilson was awarded the win.. Mart Patterson and Dan Lawson rounded out the top 3.
- Super Stock 4: Brian Wilson took the win here. Cory Winn finished 2nd and Michael Simmons 3rd.
- Front Wheel Drive: Jody George was a 1st time winner in this division last Saturday.. Jonathan Surrett and Dustin Sloan were the next 2 across the finish line.
MLB All-Star Game
- For the 3rd year in a row, the National League secured home field advantage in this year’s World Series as their all-star team defeated the American League 8-5 in Kansas City last night… They put 5 on the board in the 1st and 3 in the 4th to take the win.
- The Braves representatives did pretty well in the game.. Dan Uggla started at 2nd and went 1–3 with an RBI.. In his last all-star game of his career, Chipper Jones went 1-1.. Michel Bourn went hitless in his 1 plate appearance… Craig Kimbrel faced 2 batters and struck out both of them.
- The Drive started a road trip last night in Augusta taking on the Green Jackets and the news is not good for you Drive fans as they lost 4-1
NASCAR: a couple of quick NASCAR notes:
- Kevin Harvick & his wife DeLana welcomed their first child into the family last Sunday as their son Keelan Paul Harvick was born.
- The U.S. Army will not renew its NASCAR sponsorship of the Stewart-Hass racing team next season.. According to a release issued Tuesday by the team, the decision was made because of “a reallocation of [the Army's] marketing budget that will not include a presence in NASCAR.”.. Read that some members of Congress just don’t understand NASCAR and don’t want to and also budget cuts.
This & That:
- The Laurens YMCA will be holding a Wrestling Camp Tues. – Thur. next week and it is open to youth ages 5-13.. LDHS Wrestling Coach Rob Sheffield is the instructor… Deadline for registration is fast approaching… Go by the Y to register or call 984-2621 if you have questions or for more information.
- Also Tues. – Thur. next week the Laurens Y will have a Pee-Wee Camp featuring gym games & activities.. The camp for children ages 3-4 will be from 9-10am and the camp for those 5-6 will be 10-11am… Again go by the Y or call the Y at 984-2621 if you have questions or for more information.
And finally, its only 44 days until the start of high school football season on August 24th when Laurens host BHP and Clinton host Gaffney.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.