Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 9-11-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics.. This time of year everybody thinks about football but did you know there are other sports going on a PC also…. There’s men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross-country and volleyball… If you want to find out what’s going on in any of these sports, gobluehose.com is your one source for all the information you desire.
In local results from yesterday:
- The Laurens Academy varsity volleyball team played in a tri-match yesterday King and Mead Hall… The Crusaders beat King. 2-0 but lost to Mead Hall 0-2… There record is now 3-3 overall and 1-3 in conference play.
- The Laurens Lady Raider tennis team battle Greenwood yesterday at the City Courts and took 5-2 victory… Picking up wins for the Raiders were, Kathleen Horner, Rebecca Corley, Britney Horner, Ellen Young and the doubles team Sarah Kalyn Croker and, Rebecca Corley… For more details on the match, see my posting in the Between the Lines section at WLBG.com.
- The Clinton Red Devil volleyball team took a 3-1 win over their cross county rival Laurens last night at LDHS.. Laurens won the first set 25-20 but Clinton game back and won the next 3 by scores of 25-11, 25-8 and 25-19… Both chsathletics.com and lshsports.com have posting about this match with more details.
- Yesterday I didn’t have time to get any Braves results so let’s do that now… The Braves took three games from the New York Mets up in New York this weekend… They won on Friday night a score of 3-0, Saturday night 11-3 and Sunday by a score of 3-2 in 10 innings… Last night the Braves opened up a series in Milwaukee with the Brewers… The Braves had their five-game winning streak snapped as they lost 4-1 to the Brewers… The Brewers scored all four of their runs in the seventh inning… The series will continue tonight in Milwaukee.
- The latest Associated Press college football rankings came out yesterday and Alabama remains on top in first place… Rounding out the top five are: USC, LSU, Oregon and Florida State… South Carolina moves up one position to 8th and Clemson also moves up 1 to 11th.
- It was also announced yesterday that Clemson’s game at Florida State on September 22 with kickoff 8 PM and will be broadcast on ABC… On that same day, South Carolina’s game with Missouri with kickoff at 3:30 PM and will be broadcast nationally on CBS.
- Clint Bowyer won the Sprint Cup race up in Virginia this weekend… Rounding out the top five were Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth.
- The chase for the Sprint Cup is now set.. The drivers involved in the chase are: Denny Hamlin, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski, Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon.
And finally, a couple of notes… First, join Coach Greg Lawson and myself as we come to you live from the House of Pizza starting at 7:30 PM… Join us as we talk about the big win over Clinton last Friday night and about this week’s game with Woodruff… If you come in and ask for it, you can get 10 wings for $6 or you can get a large one topping pizza with 10 wings for 15.99+ tax… The specials will start at 6 PM and go through closing and you have to ask for the Coach Greg Lawson show specials.
On Thursday, I plan on broadcasting the Bell Street Red at Laurens Middle School football game at 5:00 pm
Lastly, I want to remind you that today is September 11… Please don’t ever forget what happened 11 years ago today.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Cross Country host Laurens 5:00
- Varsity Volleyball @ Chapin 5:30
- Girls golf host TL Hanna and Chapman at Lakeside Country Club 4:40
- Girls tennis at TL Hanna 5:00
- Varsity volleyball host Woodruff 5:30
For Laurens Acad.
- VB Varsity and Middle School @ Oakbrook Prep 4:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.