Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 9-13-12
Local Results: There weren’t any local results that I could find last night.
- In case you missed it, Clint Bowyer won the Sprint Cup race up in Virginia this weekend… Rounding out the top five were Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth.
- The chase for the Sprint Cup is now set.. The drivers involved in the chase are: Denny Hamlin, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski, Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon.
- Well, the big news of college football yesterday was that Notre Dame got everything it wanted and the Atlantic Coast Conference got Notre Dame.… The school announced Wednesday that it would join the ACC in all the conference’s sports except football, though it will play five games annually against league programs and have access to its non-BCS bowl tie-ins.… No date was set for when the Irish would leave the Big East in non-football sports… The league, meanwhile, announced that it had increased its exit fees for member schools to three times the league’s annual operation budget – which would currently come to more $50 million.. ACC Commissioner John Swofford stated “ No need to add a 16th team to the league and there’s no intentions of doing so “.
- The latest Associated Press college football rankings came out on Monday and I’ll recap that, in case you missed it… Alabama remains on top in first place… Rounding out the top five are: USC, LSU, Oregon and Florida State… South Carolina moves up one position to 8th and Clemson also moves up 1 to 11th.
- It was also announced earlier this week that Clemson’s game at Florida State on September 22 with kickoff 8 PM and will be broadcast on ABC… On that same day, South Carolina’s game with Missouri with kickoff at 3:30 PM and will be broadcast nationally on CBS.
- . The Brewers had the brooms out in Milwaukee last night as they swept a three-game series from the Braves taking last night contest by a score of 8-2… The Brewers scored all their runs in a big 6th inning… The Braves have tonight off and will start a huge weekend series with the Washington Nationals on Friday night.
And finally I would like to remind you that the Laurens YMCA is offering a free youth soccer clinic on Monday, September 24… It’s part of the Chevy youth soccer program and it will be conducted at Collyar Park and is open to youth ages 6-14… It will be held between the hours of 5 and 8 PM… All registrations must be completed on the Internet at the following website: www.chevyyouthsports.com/soccer… When you get to the website, select GSAA as the market and the password will be kickit… Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at all… Registration will close when all sponsor filled or on September 22.. Call the Laurens YMCA at 984-2621 for more information
The local sports schedule for today includes:
Middle School Football: all games start at 5 PM
- Belton at Bell Street White
- Hickory Tavern at Honea Path
- Sanders at Gray Court-Owens.
- Bell Street Red & Laurens this game will be broadcast on Real Radio 860 WLBG
- 9th grade and JV football host Burns starting at 6 PM
- The girls tennis team hosted Broome at 4:30 PM
- JV and Varsity volleyball host Broome starting at 5:30 PM
- Girls golf at Fox run taking on Hillcrest & TL Hannah starting at 4:30 PM
- Girls tennis at JL Mann starting at 5 PM
- JV the football at Woodruff starting at 7 PM
For Laurens Acad.:
- Middle school football host Spartanburg Christian starting at 6 PM
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.