Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report:
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics:. For the second week in a row PC will be on the road taking on a major conference opponent… Tomorrow they take on Vanderbilt out of the SEC… This is only the second time in school history that PC will take on an SEC opponent… Kickoff is slated for 12:30 PM and the game can be seen on CSS and ESPN 3… I advise you to turn down the volume on your TV and listen to Eric Thacker as he calls the game on WKRI-FM i91.9.… Be sure to go to gobluehose.com to check out live game stats
- Clinton High School girls’ tennis team took a 7-0 victory over Broome and Clinton yesterday… Mason Paige Gambrel, Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughn, Dedalayna Burroughs, and Sommer Lawton all took victories in singles action… The number 1 doubles team composed of Gambrel and Waldron and the number 2 team composed Brooke Foster and Maggie O Shields also took victories.
- Clinton High Volleyball: Defeated Broome Thursday night by a score of 3-2. Broome JVs defeated Clinton JVs 0-2. Next game is Tuesday at Chester with JV beginning at 5:30
- LDHS Volleyball: Both the JV and the varsity lost to Easley last night…. The JV played a very close second set with the scores of each set being: 10 – 25 in the first set and 25 – 27 in the second. Leading the team with service points tonight was Nicole Ramsey with 5 total and one ace and second to that was Jamie Ackerman with 4. The JV record is 0 – 6 with 5 losses in region…The varsity also lost tonight with scores of 7 – 25, 12 – 25 and 12 – 25 respectively…. This brings the overall of the varsity to 0 – 7, with 5 of those losses in region.
- Lady Raider tennis team fell JL Mann score of 0-7… Coach David Corley stated ” We knew that man would be a contender with Hannah the top spot in our region”… See my posting in the Between the Lines section for more information on this match.
Middle school football:
- Sanders traveled to Gray Court-Owens and came away with a 20-0 victory over the Tigers… Summie Carlay scored in the first quarter on a one-yard run to make the score 6-0… In the second quarter, Jordan Pearson added another score on a 6 yard run… Troy Dendy added the 2-point conversion, making the score 14-0 at the half… Sanders final score came in the third when Pearson again carried the ball in from 33 yards out, making the final score 20-0… Coach Jerry Poole of GCO said “Played much better this week on defense. Still missing assignments on offense. Pleased with the improvement this week. Defensive standouts were Taylor Holcombe, BJ Miller, Tyler Starnes, Sho’kil Moses.”
- The Bell Street White football team hosted Belton and came away with an 8-6 win… Score tied 0-0 at half. We had a long scoring drive to open the 3rd quarter. Donte’ Reeder scored on a short touchdown run and KoKo Richey added the 2 point conversion. Belton scored late in the 4th quarter, but we were able to stop them on the 2 point conversion. Dawson Green recovered the onside kick and we were able to run out the clock after that. Coach Michael Turner stated “I am very proud of how our defense stepped up tonight. Offensively, our offensive line blocked much better this week and our backs ran the ball hard all game.”
- In action at Laurens Middle School, the Tigers rolled to a 30-14 win over the Bell Street Red Wildcats… Laurens scored on their first offense of play on a 74 yard run by DQ Floyd… The extra point failed, making the score 6-0 in… The Wildcats then drove 53 yards in a plays scoring on a 1 yard run by Ziakail Livingston… The extra point attempt failed… Laurens then scored on a four play, 40 yard drive that was capped by a 3 yard TD run by Jaylin Walker… Floyd added 2-point conversion, making the score 14-6 at the half Laurens scored midway through the third. When Floyd had a 65 yard touchdown run to cap a 3 play, 80 yard drive… Colten LeRoy then found Brayln McBeth in the end zone for the 2-point conversion, making the score 22-6… The Wildcats did not give up as they mounted a 60 yard drive in seven plays scoring midway through the third quarter when Kiah Young scored from 2 yards out… Young also added 2-point conversion to make the score 22-14.. Laurens put the game away on their next possession when they went 50 yards in 3 plays with Floyd, carrying the ball the last 38 yards… McBeth added 2-point conversion, making the final score 30-14… Bell Street had 177 yards of offense and 44 plays with the Zikail Livingston leading the way with 119 yards rushing and one TD… Laurens needed only 11 plays to produce 252 yards of offense… Floyd had 199 yards rushing and 3 TDs on runs of 74, 65, & 38 yards… Walker finished the night with 26 yards rushing and two TDs on runs of 3 & 14 yards… First downs: LMS-3, BSR-11… Penalties: LMS 5-39 yards, BSR 1-5 yards… Other rushing BSR: Young 56, Holmes – 5, T. Smith-(-2), Craven-(-12)… Other rushing LMS: McBeth-25
9th Grade & JV Football
- The Laurens Raider JV team took a 32-27 win over the Woodruff Wolverines open Woodruff last night.
- The Clinton High School 9th grade team dropped a 51-8 decision to the Byrnes Rebels at home.
- The Clinton JV team also lost to the Rebels by a score of 49-0
The local sports schedule for today includes:
The football team traveled to Duncan to take on the Byrnes Rebels tonight… You can hear all the action on our sister station Sports Radio 1410 WPCC with the pregame starting at 6:45 PM… Don’t forget to tune in tomorrow morning at 8 AM on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show and then stay tuned for the encore presentation of tonight’s Clinton football game at 9 AM
The Laurens Raiders will host the Woodruff Wolverines tonight at KC Hannah Stadium… I’ll have the Friday Night Insiders program starting at 5:30 PM… After the news break at 6 PM, will join Stan Olenick and Mike Anthony will have to preview show… We go live from the Stadium about 6:36 PM… Tonight before the game they will be honoring Mr. Truman Owens longtime high school official… There halftime, they will honor three new inductees into the Raider Athletic Hall of Fame…
For Laurens Acad.:
The Crusaders will be on the road to take on Dillon Christian.
And finally, don’t forget that you can hear the University of Alabama at Birmingham-South Carolina game on our sister station Sports Radio 1410 WPCC tomorrow with the pregame starting at 6 PM… And prior to that you can catch the Furman-Clemson game here on Real Radio 860 WLBG with the pregame starting at 3 PM
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.