Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 9-21-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics.. After 2 tough weeks on the road, PC returns home tomorrow for a noon contest with the Furman Paladins.. Furman has had 41 victories over the Blue Hose while PC has managed only 11 wins against the Paladins over the years.. PC will try hard to cut that margin tomorrow.. Now the game will be shown on CSS but I suggest that if watch it there, cut down the sound and listed to Erick Thacker on i91.9 FM WKRI..
Middle School Football:
- The Laurens Middle School Tigers traveled to Clinton to take on the Bell Street White team and came away with a 32-8 win over the Wildcats… Bell Streets only score came late in the game on a long run by Sincere Hunt with the 2 point conversion added by JJ Richardson… Braylyn McBeth had 2 rushing TSs for the LMS Tigers.. DQ Floyd had a TD on a punt return & another when he recovered a fumble & ran it in..
- Meanwhile the Bell Street Red team traveled to Honea Path and fell short as Honea path took a 26-16 win over the visiting Wildcats. .. Sorry no details
- Gray Court-Owens traveled to Belton and came up on the short end of the score as Belton took 25-14 win over the GCO Tigers.. Josh Adams threw two touchdown passes for the Tigers… The first TD pass was to Brenden Gallamore that went 50 yards… Gallamore caught a pass for the 2 point conversion… Kydale Melton caught the other touchdown pass which was for 60 yards.
- In a game heard here on Real Radio 860 WLBG, the Sanders Yellow Jackets took a 38-0 win over the Panthers of Hickory Tavern at Hickory Tavern. .. Sanders scored on the 1st series of the game on a 27 yard pass from Summie Carlay to Corey Mabry.. A pass from Carlay to Jordan Pearson made the score 8-0.. A Panther fumble set up Sanders next score which was a 48 yard run Jordon Pearson.. Carlay ran for the 2 point conversion making the score 16-0.. The Panthers drove deep into the Sanders territory on their next possession but the drive stalled out at the Sanders 19.. Sanders then drove down the field with the next score coming on a 47 yard run by Carlay.. This made the score 22-0.. Sanders last score of the 1st half came on an 82 yard run by Jonathan Rayford.. Troy Dendy added the 2-point conversion to make it 30-0 at the half… The only score in the 2nd half came on 39 yard run by Pearson to make it 36-0… Justin Anderson added the 2 point conversion to make the final 38-0.
9th Grade & JV Action:
- The CHS 9th grade team hosted Blue Ridge and took a 44-20 win.. Vee Thompson had 2 TD runs on the night one of which was 60 yards… Tra Jones also had a rushing TD.. Quarterback Jasper Fuller connected with Tay Cook on a 60 yard TD pass
- The CHS JV team traveled over to Abbeville to do battle with the Panthers and did not fare quite as well as the 9th grade team as Abbeville took a close 28-26 win over the Red Devils.. In the last minute of the game, the red Devils were in the Panthers red zone but a turnover kept them from scoring.. Blaine Wilbanks and Madison Simpson both had rushing TDs for the red Devils and Wilbanks connected with Matt Craven per 30 yard TD pass… Tasheem Henningham also had a 75 yard KO return for Clinton.
- For more information on both of these games, see the postings at www.chsathletics.com
- Meanwhile over at LDHS, the 9th grade team hosted Strom Thurmond and came away with a 30-14 win over the visitors.. Chris Thompson had 2 rushing TDs in the 1st half..Strom Thurmond got their 2 scores on a pick-6 interception return and 1 long drive… The Raiders put it away in the 4th period as Graydon Hamby scored on a log TD run and completed a 44 yard scoring pass to Kiante Boyd..
- In what Raider fans hope will be repeated tonight on the varsity level, the Raider JV team took a 36-18 win over the visiting Easley Green Wave.. The Raiders spotted the visitors 6 points a Green Wave player returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for a sore making it 6-0.. Laurens tied the game on their 2nd possession as they marched 79 yards in 10 plays with the score coming on a 21 yard pass from Grayson Bailes to PJ Tims.. .. The Raiders took the lead for good on an 8 yard run by Bailes.. Bailes added the 2 point conversion to make it 14-6 at the half.. The Raiders scored on their 1st possession of the 2nd half when Bailes found PJ Tims in the corner of the endzone for the score.. The extra point attempt failed making the score 20-6.. Easley then broke a long run to make the score 20-12.. The Raiders came right back on their next possession and scored when Bailes connected with Jacourius Sullivan on a 49 yard scoring strike.. Bailes connected with Thomas Jones for the 2 point conversion making the score 28-12.. Easley then broke a 70 yard run for a score making it 28-18.. Laurens scored for the final time with just over 3 minutes left in the contest when Ketorius Penn scored from 41 yards out.. Bailes connected with Connor Wilson for the extra points to make the final score 36-18
I have some other results that we will have to “catch up on” early next week.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
For CHS:: Football host Abbeville 7:30
For LDHS: Travels to Easley .. Carry your FM Radio and pick us up on 95.1 on your FM dial
For Laurens Acad.: Travels to King Academy
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.