Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 9-25-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… PC may have lost to Vanderbilt last Saturday by a score of 31-21 but one bright spot was that PC quarterback, Tamyn Garrick was chosen freshman of the week in a Big South Conference.. He went 20-of-32 passing for 270 yards and a touchdown.. For more information about this and anything else related to Presbyterian College sports, go to www.gobluehose.com.
Local Sports Results Since My Last Report:
- Last night the Hickory Tavern volleyball team defeated Sanders 3 games to 1… Sorry, but no details available at this time.
- Also last night, the Lady Raider Tennis Team defeated Hillcrest 5-2 at the Laurens City Courts… Picking up wins in singles matches were: Sara Kalyn Croker, Rebecca Corley, Ellen Young & Kathleen Horner…. The #1 doubles team also took a win… For more information, see my posting in the quote “Between the Lines” section at WLBG.com.
Catching Up on some Local sports:
- Last Thursday, the CHS varsity volleyball team defeated Woodruff 3-2 at home… They had to rally from being down 2 games to 1 to keep their region record perfect… The JV team lost two close matches and fell 2-0… For more details go to http://www.chsathletics.com
- Last Thursday the LDHS Lady Raider Tennis Team defeated Woodmont 5-2… Sara Kalyn Croker, Rebecca Corley, Brittany Horner all had singles victories… Both doubles teams also had victories… The # 2 doubles team is composed of Bailey Rush and Moriah Campbell and the number one team is composed of Croker and Corley… For more information, see my posting in the quote “Between the Lines” section at WLBG.com.
- Well I guess by now most of you probably heard latest college football rankings as release late Sunday night… For those you have not, Alabama remains at #1 while Oregon moves up from 3rd to 2nd… LSU drops from 2nd to 3rd, Florida State remains at #4 and Georgia round out the top five… South Carolina moves up one spot to #6 and Clemson drops from 10th all the way 17th.
- Braves: The Braves were off last night, so let’s catch up on how they did up in Philadelphia over the weekend… On Friday, the Phillies took a 6-2 win over the Braves… Then on Saturday the Braves turned the tables as they took an 8-2 win over the Phillies… On Sunday the Braves won the series by taking a 2-1 decision over the Phillies… The Braves start a four-game series with the Marlins tonight down in Atlanta.
- If all goes as planned on Thursday afternoon, I’ll be Broadcasting Gray Court-Owens at Bell Street White football game from Wilder Stadium in Clinton a few minutes before 5 PM.
- And finally don’t forget to join us tonight at the House of Pizza as we bring you the Coach Greg Lawson Show live starting at 7:30 PM… Join Coach Lawson and myself as we recap last Friday night’s big victory over Easley and look forward to this Friday night’s homecoming game against Woodmont. Don’t forget that we having $.60 wings from 6 PM until closing tonight.
FYI / Community Interest:
- If you did not make it to the Laurens County Touchdown Club last Friday, see my posting in the “Between the Lines” section at WLBG.com for videos of guest speaker Coach Mike Ayers Wofford, Coach Carol Nichols a PC and all the local area high school coaches.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- JV/Varsity VB at Union Co. 5:30/7:00
- Tennis at Union Co. 4:30
- Girls golf vs. Hillcrest and Greenwood at Lakeside Country Club 4:30 PM
- Girls tennis at Westside 5 PM
- JV/varsity volleyball host JL Mann 530/7 PM
For Laurens Acad.:
- MS & Varsity Volleyball @ Anderson Christian 4:00/5:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.