Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 9-26-12
Catching Up on Some Local sports:
- CHS volleyball teams travel to Union County last night and both teams came away with victories… The varsity team defeated Union 3-1 and the JV was defeated Union 2-0.. I don’t have any details at this time, but you can probably find them a little later on this morning at www.chsathletics.com.
- The Lady Raider Volleyball Teams traveled to Clinton on Monday night to take on the Red Devils in round 2 of their matches this season.. The results were the same as the first meeting 2 weeks before as Clinton again won 3-0.. Ellie Tallman, Gabby Bates & Brooke Shealy were the main problem for the Raiders… In JV action, The Raiders picked up a win as they defeated the Red Devils 2-1.. For more details on the match go to www.chsathletics.com or www.ldhssports.com.
- Now want to do a lot of catching up to the Lady Raider Golf Team… Yesterday they hosted Greenwood in Hillcrest at Lakeside Country Club… The Lady Raiders won the match shooting a 189 while Hillcrest shot a 210 and Greenwood 241… This score took seven strokes off the teams the best score this season… The Raiders Katie Patterson was match medalist with a 41… Now over the last several days I have not had time to bring you the results from the Lady Raider Golf Team… On Monday they travel to Inman to play Chapman… Chapman won that match shooting a 183 two Laurens to 223.. Katie Patterson had a low score of 49 for the team… A week ago today, the Lady Raiders defeated Greenwood in a tiebreaker… If you go to WLBG.com and checking the schedule section you will find a posting that has the team’s roster, schedule and results… There’s also a team picture there… Check it out!
- Atlanta Braves: the Braves started their last home stand of the regular season with a 4-3 win over the Florida Marlins… Freddie Freeman won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a walk-off 2-run homer… The win assured the Braves of a spot in the wild-card playoff at the end of the season… The Braves have 2 more games with the Marlins and then will host the Mets in a weekend series… They will then finish the season with a 3-game series with the Pirates in Pittsburgh… The Braves are currently 4 games behind the NL East leading Washington Nationals and still have a mathematical chance of taking first place but they would need a lot of help.
- Now in a broadcast reminder, Real Radio 860 WLBG is planning to bring you the Gray Court-Owens middle school football game live from Wilder Stadium in Clinton tomorrow as they take on the Bell Street White Team… For those of you over the Clinton area, remember we do stream live@WLBG.com… Join in just a few minutes before five as I bring you all the action live
FYI / Community Interest:
- Round 2 of the Carolina Mascot Challenge has now started and LDHS Sir Victor the Raider as well as the CHS Red Devil both it into the field in round 2.. Now this is a competition that you the fans vote on.. You can go to News channels 7’s website and click on sports then look to the right about ⅔ the way down for the Carolina Mascot Challenge link and click on it.. There you will find your favorite mascot of the 12 listed and vote – once per day, everyday.. Round 2 closes on Oct 24th. .. Winner gets $1500 toward a new costume.. Click on the following link to vote: http://www.carolinascw.com/carolina-mascot-challenge
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Bell Street VB vs Laurens 5:00
- Tennis vs Christ Church 4:30
- Cross Country at Chapman 5:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.