Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-2-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics: The Presbyterian College football team scored 21 unanswered points in the second half, including a score off a fake field goal and two touchdowns by Demarcus Rouse, to break open a 7-7 deadlock at halftime and take the 28-13 win over Davidson Saturday at Richardson Stadium in Davidson, N.C. .. You can find a lot more details about this game and anything else you might want to know about PC athletics at www.gobluehose.com.
Catching Up on Local sports: There was not any local sports action yesterday that I could find, so let’s catch up on a couple things I didn’t have time for last week:
- The Lady Raider Golf Team traveled Anderson last Thursday to take on TL Hanna.… The Raiders had their best team score since 2007 as they shot to Hannah’s 200… Katie Patterson had low score for Laurens with a 43… Remember there is a posting in the Schedules section at WLBG.com that has more information about this match.
- Tuesday night of last week, the Laurens volleyball teams travel to JL Mann and the results were mixed… The varsity dropped three straight sets to the Patriots but the JV team took two out of three sets to win their match.. Leading server for the Raiders was Mikaela Wzorek with 11 points and 2 aces.
- The latest college football rankings came out late Sunday night and Alabama remains # 1.. Oregon remains #2, Florida State moves up one spot to #3, LSU drops one place to #4 and Georgia round out the top 5… South Carolina checks in at #6 and Clemson at #15… Of course the big game among the top ranked teams will come this Saturday night when #6 South Carolina host #5 Georgia… Go Gamecocks!
- It was announced yesterday that South Carolina’s game at LSU next week will have an 8 PM kickoff and the nationally televised on ESPN.
- Atlanta Braves: Catching up with the Braves from this past weekend, they hosted the New York Mets in their final home stand of the season.. Friday night was Chipper Jones night in the State of Georgia but the Mets spoiled it by taking a 3-1 win over the Braves… Atlanta came back on Saturday and took a 2-0 win over the Mets… On Sunday, the Braves took the series by defeating the Mets 6-2… Last night the Braves started their final regular-season series up in Pittsburgh against the Pirates… The Pirates took the game by a final score of 2-1… The Braves loss gave the Washington Nationals the NL East crown… The Braves will now face either the Cardinals or the Dodgers in a one-game playoff on Friday in Atlanta… The winner will advance to the NL Division Series.
- If you missed Monday night football on ESPN last night, you didn’t miss a lot as the Chicago Bears to a 34-18 win over the Dallas Cowboys.. Tony Romo had a bad night for Dallas as he was intercepted five times.
- Join me tonight night as we have the Coach Greg Lawson Show live from the House of Pizza starting at 7:30… Will be recapping last Friday night’s game, looking at middle school results, 9th grade and JV action as well is looking ahead to this Friday night’s game at TL Hanna… Don’t forget the $.60 wing special at the House of Pizza from 6:00 until closing Tuesday night.
- On Thursday, we are planning on broadcasting the 9th grade and JV games live from KC Hannah Stadium as the Raiders take on the TL Hanna Yellow Jackets… The action starts a few minutes before 5:30.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Round 2 of the Carolina Mascot Challenge has now started and LDHS Sir Victor the Raider & the CHS Red Devil both it into the field in round 2.. Now this is a competition that you the fans vote on.. You can go to News channels 7’s website and click on sports then look to the right about ⅔ the way down for the Carolina Mascot Challenge link and click on it.. There you will find your favorite mascot of the 12 listed and vote – once per day, everyday.. Round 2 will close on Oct 24th. .. Winner gets $1500 toward a new costume.. Click on the following link to vote: www.carolinascw.com/carolina-mascot-challenge
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- JV/Varsity VB at Broome 5:30/7:00
- Tennis at Broome 4:30
- Cross Country vs. Region 5:00
- Girls golf vs. Union at River Chase 4:30
- Girls tennis at Easley 5:00
- JV/varsity volleyball at Westside 5:304/7:00
For Laurens Acad.:
- Tuesday MS & V Volleyball vs. Wardlaw 4:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.