Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-3-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Wednesday and it’s brought to you by HICKORY HILLS- That little known secret restaurant @ 257 Torrington Rd in Clinton that has the best BBQ around. But did you know they also do catering? Call 833-2690 for all your catering needs .. 25 year serving the area
Catching Up on Local sports:
- The CHS Lady Red Devil Tennis Team traveled to Broome yesterday and came back winners as they swept Broome 7-0… In singles action, Mason Paige Gambrell, Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughn, Delayna Burroughs and Sommer Lawton all took victories.. The number two doubles team composed of Brooke Foster and Maggie O’Shields as well as the number one doubles composed of Gambrell and Waldron both took victories.. For more details, click on the following link: CLINTON HIGH TENNIS 10-2-12
- Also CHS yesterday, the boys cross country team picked up another victory as they defeated Union, Broome, Woodruff and Chapman… The Clinton boys took the top four spots and meet and pull away to an easy victory… The girls also ran but only had 4 runners in the meet… Click on following for more information: Region_Meet_at_Clinton_October_2,_2012.
- Laurens High School Lady Raider Tennis Team traveled Easley yesterday and unfortunately Easley defeated the Raiders 7-0… If you check the Between the Lines section at WLBG.com you will find a posting with match details.
- Catching up on a little bit Laurens Academy volleyball, the Crusaders have had a couple of tough days.… On Monday they lost in 5 games to Anderson in a very hard fought match… Yesterday they lost to their region foe Wardlaw 3-0 but again the matches were very close… See a posting on GoLaurens.com for more details.
- Atlanta Braves: Manager Fredi Gonzales gave most of the starters the night off last night as the Braves face the Pirates up in Pittsburgh and it showed as the Pirates took a 5-1 victory over the Braves… The Braves finished the series and the regular season with the Pirates tonight.
- Major League Baseball reached an agreement with Fox and Turner Sports on eight-year contracts that will run through 2021 and keep the World Series on Fox…The amount baseball receives from the two networks will double to an average of about $800 million annually, with Fox’s share averaging about $500 million… There are a lot more details than I have time for here concerning All-Star games, wild-card games, division playoffs and the World Series itself in the deal.
- Join me Tuesday night as we have the Coach Greg Lawson Show live from the House of Pizza starting at 7:30… Will be recapping last Friday night’s game, looking at middle school results, 9th grade and JV action as well is looking ahead to this Friday night’s game at TL Hanna… Don’t forget the $.60 wing special at the House of Pizza from 6:00 until closing Tuesday night.
- On Thursday, we are planning on broadcasting the 9th grade and JV games live from KC Hannah Stadium as the Raiders take on the TL Hanna Yellow Jackets… The action starts a few minutes before 5:30.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Round 2 of the Carolina Mascot Challenge has now started and LDHS Sir Victor the Raider & the CHS Red Devil both it into the field in round 2.. Now this is a competition that you the fans vote on.. You can go to News channels 7’s website and click on sports then look to the right about ⅔ the way down for the Carolina Mascot Challenge link and click on it.. There you will find your favorite mascot of the 12 listed and vote – once per day, everyday.. Round 2 will close on Oct 24th. .. Winner gets $1500 toward a new costume.. Click on the following link to vote: www.carolinascw.com/carolina-mascot-challenge
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Oct. 5th and the featured speaker will Willie Jeffries legendary former coach at S.C. State. The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: email@example.com.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Bell Street volleyball @ Sanders 5:00
- Volleyball host Woodmont 5:30
Middle School Football:
- Bell Street White @ Sanders 5:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.