Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-4-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics: the Blue Hose are back on the road for the second week in a row as they travel to Lexington Virginia to take on VMI … VMI is 1-3 on the season and are hungry for another win while PC is looking for its 3rd of the season…Kickoff is set for 1:30 PM… Join Erick Thacker on i91.9 FM WKRI for all the action with the pregame starting at 12:30PM..
Catching Up on Local sports:
Middle School Football:
- Bell Street Red 34 – Hickory Tavern 20: Bell Street led 28-0 at the half… Kia Young & Zikial Livingston each had 14 points for the victors.. Tobias Smith also had a TD…
- Laurens Middle School 55 – Belton 32: Brayln McBeth, DQ Floyd & Colton LeRoy were all cited for having outstanding night… Assistant coach Kevin Gaines stated that the special teams had their best night of the season and Belton scored late on our substitutes.
- Honea Path 38 – Gray Court-Owens 0
Ninth grade and JV football:
- CHS JV 24 – Chapman 16: The CHS 9th the grade and JV teams combined to take on Chapman’s JV team and came away with a 24-16 win… Kevious Hunter actually scores twice the Red Devils and Vee Thompson the other…
- LDHS 9th 12 – Hannah 6: there was no score in the first half of play but Harris scored once but had the race by penalties.. Laurens scored first in the third quarter on a 9 yard run by Toby Jackson… The extra point failed… Laurens scored again with 17 seconds left in the third when Jaylin Williams picked up a Hanna fumble and rumbled 70 yards for the score… Hannah scored midway through the final. And Laurens held on for the win… The Raiders 9th grade team record improves to 4-1.
- LDHS JV 40 - Hannah 26: The Raiders scored early and often pulling out to a 24-2 lead at the half… Devon Woodruff scored from 9 yards out in the opening possession with Grayson Bailes connected with Woodruff for the extra points taking the score 8-0… After being set up by Thomas Jones interception of the Hanna quarterback, Grayson Bailes scored on a 2 yard run… Bailes also added the extra point making the score 16-0… Woodruff again scored in the second. On a 40 yard touchdown run. Bailes connected with to Jacorius Sullivan for the two point conversion making the score 24-0 Laurens… Hannah’s only points came when they were able to trap Laurens punter lot LaEric Martin in the end zone after a bad snap on the attempt.. Hannah scored on their 1st possession of the second half and also on their 3rd.. In between those two scores, and Laurens scored on a 14 yard pass play from Grayson Bailes to Connor Wilson with Bailes adding the extra points.. PJ Timms scored on an 85 yard kickoff return for a TD and with Malick Higgins adding the extra points making the score 40-18 with just over 7 min. to play in the game… Hanna added their last score all along touchdown pass with less than 30 seconds remaining in the game… Laurens JV record is a perfect 5-0.
I do have some other local sports results but time will not allow me to get to them today, we’ll play “catch-up” early next week.
Pros: The Atlanta Braves host the St. Louis Cardinals today at 5:07 PM in Atlanta with the winner advancing in to the NL Division series..
- CHS Football @ Chapman.. Pre-game starts at 6:45
- Saturday Morning Rewind show live from Whitefords of Taylors Clinton.
- Georgia vs. South Carolina pre-game at 6:00 pm
- Friday Night Insiders today at 5:30
- Stan Olenick’s High School Football rage at 6:06
- LDHS @ TL Hannah 6:36 Check FM 95.7 or 99.5 for in-stadium transmitter
- Stan Olenick’s football scoreboard show after the game.
- Georgia tech at Clemson pre-game at 2:30.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Round 2 of the Carolina Mascot Challenge has now started and LDHS Sir Victor the Raider & the CHS Red Devil both it into the field in round 2.. Now this is a competition that you the fans vote on.. You can go to News channels 7’s website and click on sports then look to the right about ⅔ the way down for the Carolina Mascot Challenge link and click on it.. There you will find your favorite mascot of the 12 listed and vote – once per day, everyday.. Round 2 will close on Oct 24th. .. Winner gets $1500 toward a new costume.. Click on the following link to vote: www.carolinascw.com/carolina-mascot-challenge
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet today and the featured speaker will Willie Jeffries legendary former coach at S.C. State. The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Football @ Chapman 7:30
- Football @ TL Hannah 7:30
For Laurens Acad.:
- Football @ Palmetto Christian
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.