Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-12-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by PC Athletics.. the Blue Hose are back at home hosting Liberty for Homecoming… There are a lot of festivities associated with homecoming so come be part of them.. The first 1000 paid fans through the gate will receive Thunder Sticks compliments of BB&T…Kickoff is set for 2:00 PM… Join Erick Thacker on i91.9 FM WKRI for all the action with the pregame starting at 1:00 pm..
Catching Up on Local sports:
Middle school Football:
- Bell Street Red 38 – Gray Court-Owens 12: The Wildcat Red football team hosted the Tigers of Gray Court-Owens and came away with a 38-12 win. Bell Street’s first score came on a long pass play from Kiah Young to Tobias Smith.. Young added 2 more TDs on long runs.. Smith also had 2 more TDs on runs.. Zikail Livingston had 4 two-point conversions… The Tigers got their 2 scores on short runs by Kydale Milton.
- Honea Path 30 – Bell Street White 6: Bell Street got down 22-0 early and just could not recover. Donte Reeder had the Wildcats lone score… Coach Michael Turner stated that “We have to block and tackle better than we did tonight if we want to be competitive. We will work hard on this next week in practice.”
- Laurens Middle 48 – Hickory Tavern 16: Laurens Middle school remained undefeated as they took a 48-16 win over the Panthers of Hickory Tavern. Jaylyn Walker started the game by running the opening kickoff back for a score.. DQ Floyd had 2 TDs on runs of 48 & 28 yards… Ty Rice also had 2 TDs on the evening.. One was on a 51yard pick-6 and on a 63 yard run.. Braylyn McBeth also scored on a 45 yard reverse..sorry but at this time I do not have any details on the Panthers scoring.. I’ll try to get that and if I do I will update this posting.
- Sanders 28 – Belton 16: Sanders traveled to Belton and came back with a 28-16 win to remain the other undefeated team in the conference.. It was not an easy win as they were down 16-6 at the half. Jordan Pearson had Sanders lone score in the 1st half on a 40 yard fumble recovery for a score. He would finish with 2 TDs on the night.. Troy Dendy had one of the remaining scores for the Yellow Jackets and also had an interception.. Summie Carlay also notched a score.
9th Grade & JV Action:
- Union 29 – Clinton 15: The CHS 9th & JV teams combined forces again this week and traveled to Union County to play their combined team.. The ride home most likely felt a little longer than the ride over as Union took a 29-15 win… The Red Devils found themselves down 23-0 after the first period of play but battled back to close the gap to the final score… Tay Cook had a 65 yard pick-6 for one of Clinton’s scores..Vee Thompson had the other Clinton score on a 5 yard run with Tra Jones adding the 2-point conversion to make the final 29-15
- LDHS 9th 22 – Hillcrest C 20: The Raiders had to fight back coming from behind to take the win… Austin Crocker& Allen Johnson both had one rushing TD each and Graydon Hamby connected with Kiante Boyd on a scoring strike for the other.
- LDHS JV 14 – Hillcrest JV 13: The Raiders again had to come-from-behind to post this win and remain undefeated.. Grayson Bailes connected with PJ Timms for the Raiders 1st score.. Austin Crocker had the other score for Laurens and Devon woodruff scored the 2-point conversion that won the game.
- Summary: For a more complete wrap-up / summary of the 2 games played tonight between Laurens & Hillcrest, click on the following link: 2012-10-11_9_and JV
- Friday Night Insiders today at 5:30
- Stan Olenick’s High School Football rage at 6:06
- LDHS @ Hillcrest 6:36 Check FM 95.9 or 99.5 for in-stadium transmitter
- Stan Olenick’s football scoreboard show after the game.
- CHS Football host Union County.. Pre-game starts at 6:45 Senior Night
- Saturday Morning Rewind show live from Whitefords of Clinton.
- South Carolina at LSU pre-game at 6:00 pm on Saturday.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Round 2 of the Carolina Mascot Challenge has now started and LDHS Sir Victor the Raider & the CHS Red Devil both it into the field in round 2.. Now this is a competition that you the fans vote on.. You can go to News channels 7’s website and click on sports then look to the right about ⅔ the way down for the Carolina Mascot Challenge link and click on it.. There you will find your favorite mascot of the 12 listed and vote – once per day, everyday.. Round 2 will close on Oct 24th. .. Winner gets $1500 toward a new costume.. Click on the following link to vote: www.carolinascw.com/carolina-mascot-challenge
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Oct. 19th and the featured speaker will be Doug Rhoads, ACC football coordinator of officials. The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: email@example.com.
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Host Union County – Senior Night – Last regular season home game
- At Hillcrest
For Laurens Acad.:
- Host Trinity Byrnes – Homecoming
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.