Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-25-12
Middle School Football:
- Laurens Middle 20 – Sanders 8: The Little River Championship was on the line last night at KC Hannah Stadium as the league’s 2 undefeated teams faced off against each other in their final game of the season.. When the final horn sounded, The LMS Tigers took a 20-8 victory over the Yellow Jackets of Sanders.. Laurens scored 1st with 3:00 minutes left in the 1st periods on a 15 yard run by DQ Floyd one play after a 4th down snap was high over the head of Sanders Summie Carlay forcing him to fall on the ball at the 15… The only other scoring threat in the 1st half came in the 2nd period when Laurens drove to the Sanders 40 but had their drive stopped when Jonathon Rayford picked off a Tiger pass attempt… The Tigers scored again during their 1st possession of the 2nd half when Floyd again scored from 8 yards out after a long run by Jaylin Walker put them in scoring position.. Walker added 2 points to make the score 14-0 Laurens with 2:52 left in the 3rd period… Sanders came right back and went 60 yards in 5 plays to score on a 5 yard run by Troy Dendy just before the end of the 3rd period… Tye Foster added the 2 point conversion which made it 14-8 with the Tigers still on top… Sanders then allowed the Tigers 2 first downs in the next possession before the defense stiffened and held at the Sanders 15 yard line.. Sanders then started a drive that got as far as the Tiger 44 before an interception by Ty Rice was returned about 55 yards to end the Sanders drive and add the final 6 points to make the score 20-8 with just under 35 seconds left in the game… Congratulations to both teams for a great game and season.
World Series: Giants 8 – Tigers 3
- The Giants “ Sand blasted” the Tigers last night as Giant’s 3rd baseman Pablo Sanoval went 4-4 with 3 home runs and 4 RBIs as the Giants took and 8-3 win in game 1 of the world Series..The Tigers starter Justin Verlander lasted only 4 innings giving up 5 runs on 6 hits… Game 2 is tonight at 8:00pm Eastern and is on Fox
- Today I will be broadcasting the middle school football contest between Hickory Tavern and Gray Court-Owens live from Hickory Tavern… The action starts a few minutes before 5:00.
- As soon as I finish the middle school football game we will join the Clemson football network for the pregame show just prior to the Clemson at Wake Forest game which kicks off at 7:30 pm.
- Over on our sister station Sports Radio 1410 WPCC you will be able to hear the action as the 2 Bell Street teams take on each other in football action.. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 pm so join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 2nd and the featured speaker will be Shell Dulla executive director of the SC Athletic Coaches Association and long time area football coach… The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: email@example.com. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- Laurens high softball will begin fall softball practice on November 1, at 3:50 at the high school softball field. Practice is open to all 7th through 12th grade girls interested in playing for the school this year. You must have a completed high school physical to practice. Contact coach Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org…..The LDHS Softball Team is having their annual chicken stew sale, stew is $7.00 per quart and will be ready for pick-up on Saturday, November 3 at 10:00 am… You can order from a softball team member or contact Coach Clark at email@example.com
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Volleyball team has 2nd round playoff game @ Camden at 6:00
- Tennis team host the Emerald Vikings in 1st round playoff action at 5:00
- Combined JV & 9th grade team host Woodruff about 7:00
- 9th grade football host JL Mann @ 5:30 and JV host JL Mann @ 7:30
For Laurens Acad.:
- Middle School football host Wardlaw at 6:00
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.