Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-26-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics: The Blue Hose return to the friendly confines of Bailey Memorial Stadium tomorrow in a 1:00 pm contest with the Seawolves of Stoney Brook.. Tickets are still available for the contest but if you can’t make to the game, remember you can catch all the action on i91.9 FM WKRI with Eric Thacker bringing you the call of the game… Pre-game starts at noon.
Catching Up on Local sports:
- Bell Street White 22 - Bell Street Red 14: Tasheymen Boyd had 3 had 3 rushing TDs for the BSW Team to lead them to a 22-14 win over the BSR team.. Zikail Livingston and Kiah Young had rushing TDs for the Red team.. Click on the following link to open a PDF document with complete stats on the game: BSS_Red_White_Game_10-25-12
- Gray Court-Owens 44 – Hickory Tavern 24: Kydale Milton had TD runs of 53, 40 11 & 2 yards to lead the GCO Tigers to a 44-24 win over the H.T. Panthers.. Dantavious Anderson also had a TD on a run of 63 yards for the Tigers… GCO’s other score came on an 84 yard pass play from Joshua Adams to Brendin Gallamore.. Both teams traded scores in the 1st half as GCO held a 24-16 lead at the intermission.. For the Panthers, Roy Alexander had 3 rushing TDs on runs of 42-19 & 1 yard.
- Woodruff 35 – Clinton 22: In a game where the JV & 9th grades combined to for a single team, Woodruff took a 35-22 win over Clinton.. One of the Red Devil scores came on an 80 yard pass play from Jay Fuller to Tay Cook… Tay Cook had over 100 yards receiving in the game.. Kevious Hunter accounted for another of the Red Devil scores.
- Laurens 9th Grade 26 – JL Mann 20: The Raiders jumped out to a 16-0 lead at the half and then added another score late in the game as Mann managed three 2nd half scores as Laurens took a 26-20 win at KC Hannah Stadium.. Graydon Hamby connected with Kiante Boyd on a 70 yard scoring play.. Toby Jackson also had a 60 yard scoring strike to Chris Statom for another score.. Nick Brown had a 20 yard rushing TD and Allen Johnson had a 10 yard TD run and 2-point conversion to account for the raider scores.
- Laurens JVs 44 – JL Mann 12: Mann scored first in this game with 8:21 left in the 1st period but it would be the only lead they enjoyed as the Raiders came back and took a 44-12 win in action last night also at KC Hannah Stadium.. Grayson Bailes connected Jacourius Sullivan on 3 scoring strikes.. They were 75, 62 and 37 yard in length.. Bailes also had a 14 yard rushing TD.. Malik Higgins and Cole Griffin added a rushing TD each.. Griffin’s was on a 44 yard run.
- Wardlaw Middle School 20 – Laurens Academy Middle School 18 :
- Camden 3 – Clinton 0 in volleyball: The CHS volleyball team travelled to Camden yesterday in 2nd round playoff action and unfortunately the Red Devil season came to an end as Camden took a 3-0 win over CHS.. Clinton finishes the season with a 15-6 overall record and 8-2 in the region… Congratulations to the Lady Red Devils on a terrific season.
- Clinton 4 – Emerald 2 in tennis: Better news for the CHS tennis team as they took a 4-2 win over Emerald at home yesterday.. Gracie Waldron, Delayna Burroughs & Sommer Lawton took wins in singles.. The doubles team of Brooke Foster and Maggie O’Shields also picked up a win.. Click on following for more details: CHS G Tennis 10-25-12, Playoff 1
- Reminder: CHS cross country team travels to Hillcrest High tomorrow for the 3-A Upper State meet and the Laurens cross country team travels to Dorman for the 4-A Upper state meet..
- Clemson 42 – Wake Forest 13: Easy win for the Tigers as Tajh Boyd threw for 428 yards setting a new single game passing record for the Tigers and Sammy Watkins had a record setting 202 yards receiving.
- Giants 2 – Detroit 0: The Giants go up 2 games to none over the Detroit Tigers as they took a 2-0 win in San Francisco last night.. Series mover to Detroit with game 3 Saturday.
Real Radio 860 WLBG:
- Friday Night Insiders at 5:30 today
- Stan Olenick’s pre-game show The Rage at 6:05
- Live at JL Mann about 6:36
- Stan’s Post Game Show after the game.
Sports Radio 1410 WPCC:
- Clinton @ Woodruff in the last game of the regular season, pregame at 6:45
- Saturday Morning Rewind live form Whitefords of Clinton at 8:00 am, Encore presentation following that.
- Tomorrow South Carolina host Tennessee with a noon kickoff.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 2nd and the featured speaker will be Shell Dulla executive director of the SC Athletic Coaches Association and long time area football coach… The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- Laurens high softball will begin fall softball practice on November 1, at 3:50 at the high school softball field. Practice is open to all 7th through 12th grade girls interested in playing for the school this year. You must have a completed high school physical to practice. Contact coach Clark at email@example.com…..The LDHS Softball Team is having their annual chicken stew sale, stew is $7.00 per quart and will be ready for pick-up on Saturday, November 3 at 10:00 am… You can order from a softball team member or contact Coach Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 5th annual College Football fan Challenge Oyster Roast will be Thursday November 8th… Tickets are $35 and the numbers are limited and the likely hood of sell out is high.. For more information contact the Chamber of Commerce at 864-833-2716 or see the posting in the between the lines section at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.