Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-30-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… The Blue Hose found themselves outmanned by 9th ranked Stony Brook as they fell 56-17 last Saturday at Bailey Memorial Stadium.. The Blue Hose have the week off before they host Coastal Carolina on Nov. 10th.. In the mean time, I remind you that season tickets are on sale for PC basketball. They are $100 and get you into all regular season men’s & women’s games.. Can’t beat that deal anywhere.. Call the ticket office at 864-833-8240 for more information or to order.
Catching Up on Local sports:
- I mentioned to you last Friday that the Clinton volleyball season had ended on Thursday night with a 3-0 loss to a powerful Camden team.. Now a follow-up story on the volleyball team.. Three Clinton players were named to the Region 3-AAA All-Region Team.. They are Gabby Bates, Brooke Shealy & Ellie Tallman.. Also Red Devil Coach Jo Webb was named Co-Coach of the Year along with Jennifer Allen of Chapman.. Click on the following link to see a PDF document that list the entire All-Region Team: 2012_Reg_3-AAA-Volleyball_Al_Reg.Team
- The Clinton Girls Tennis team will have their 2nd round playoff match today as they travel to Belton to take on the BHP Bears.. If you can, the girls would love to see you there to support them in this 5:00 match.
- Yesterday Clemson University introduced Dan Radakovich as Clemson’s new A.D.. He comes from Georgia Tech where he has been A.D. since 2006.. He has served time as associate A.D. at both LSU & South Carolina.. He will succeed Terry Don Phillips who announced his plans to retire back in August.
- The latest BCS rankings came out late Sunday and Alabama continues in the #1 spot.. There was some shakeup in the top 10 due to Florida’s loss to Georgia.. The balance of the top 5 are Kansas State, Notre Dame, Oregon and LSU.. Number 6-10 include Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Florida State & Louisville.. Clemson rose from # 18 to 13.
- In the FCS Division, Georgia Southern moved into the $# 1 spot.. Wofford moved up 1 from 8th to 7th.
- While browsing the NCAA website I found a posting by Brian Burnsed.. It was about his reaction to Marcus Lattimore’s injury in the game last Saturday.. I think it does a good job of summarizing the feelings of most college football fans and gives us something to reflect on.. Click on the following link to view it: http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/breaking-huddle/2012-10-29/lattimores-injury-affects-team-fans
- Join me Tuesday night as we have the Coach Greg Lawson Show live from the House of Pizza starting at 7:30… Will be recapping last Friday night’s game, looking at middle school results, 9th grade and JV action as well is looking ahead to this Friday night’s game with Greenwood for the region championship… Don’t forget the $.60 wing special at the House of Pizza from 6:00 until closing Tuesday night.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 2nd and the featured speaker will be Shell Dulla executive director of the SC Athletic Coaches Association and long time area football coach… The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- Laurens high softball will begin fall softball practice on November 1, at 3:50 at the high school softball field. Practice is open to all 7th through 12th grade girls interested in playing for the school this year. You must have a completed high school physical to practice. Contact coach Clark at email@example.com…..The LDHS Softball Team is having their annual chicken stew sale, stew is $7.00 per quart and will be ready for pick-up on Saturday, November 3 at 10:00 am… You can order from a softball team member or contact Coach Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 5th annual College Football fan Challenge Oyster Roast will be Thursday November 8th… Tickets are $35 and the numbers are limited and the likely hood of sell out is high.. For more information contact the Chamber of Commerce at 864-833-2716 or see the posting in the between the lines section at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.