Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 10-31-12
In Local sports:
- The CHS Girls Tennis Team took a hard fought victory yesterday as they defeated the Bears of BHP up at BHP yesterday.. I do not have all the details at this time and will try to have them for you on tomorrow morning’s sports report.. I do believe that the Lady Red Devils will be hosting the Upper State Finals this Thursday.. I’ll confirm all of that for you tomorrow.
- Now let’s catch up with the CHS Cross Country Teams.. Last Saturday they participated in the Upper State AAA meet at Hillcrest High up in Simpsonville.. The boy’s team finished 5th just 3 points out of 3rd place overall and qualified for the AAA Cross Country Meet in Columbia.. Chris Patterson had the best time for the Red Devils turning in a time of 17:11.. Clinton had 6 other runners with times less than 20 minutes.. The girl’s team also competed but did not qualify for the state meet this Saturday.. Mikayla Gregory had the best time for the girls completing the course in 23:57.. Click on the following links for complete match results for both the boys and girls.. Boys: Class AAA Upper State Boys Girls: Class AAA Upper State Girls
64th South Carolina Automobile Dealers Association North South All-Star Football Game:
- The Rosters for this game were announced yesterday and none of the Red Devils or Raiders were on the roster for the North Team.. The only school which has part of the district in Laurens County to have a representative on the North squad is Ware Shoals.. Wesley Jordan made the team as a defensive back.. There were 2 from greenwood, 1 from Union County and 1 from Woodruff.. Not saying that any of these young men are not deserving but I thought maybe names like Lavardick Glenn, Roderick Talley or Desmond Beasley Jones would be on there also.. I feel sure they were nominated.. I guess it’s hard for Clinton and Laurens to get any respect outside the county.
- Click on the following for a list of both North & South team members and other information about the North-South All-Star Football game: North-South All-Star Football Game
WLBG will have Clemson Football Saturday as the Tigers travel to North Carolina to take on the Duke Blue Devils.. Pre-game will start about 6:30.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 2nd and the featured speaker will be Shell Dulla executive director of the SC Athletic Coaches Association and long time area football coach… The area coaches will also be there talking about games the past couple of week and bringing selected players… The meeting starts at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- Laurens high softball will begin fall softball practice on November 1, at 3:50 at the high school softball field. Practice is open to all 7th through 12th grade girls interested in playing for the school this year. You must have a completed high school physical to practice. Contact coach Clark at email@example.com…..The LDHS Softball Team is having their annual chicken stew sale, stew is $7.00 per quart and will be ready for pick-up on Saturday, November 3 at 10:00 am… You can order from a softball team member or contact Coach Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 5th annual College Football Fan Challenge Oyster Roast will be Thursday November 8th… Tickets are $35 and the numbers are limited and the likely hood of sell out is high.. For more information contact the Chamber of Commerce at 864-833-2716 or see the posting in the between the lines section at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.