Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 11-6-12
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics.. The PC men’s basketball team hosts Erskine tonight at 7:30 in an exhibition game at the Templeton Center… That means it is not long until the regular season starts and you need to be getting your season basketball tickets.. The tickets are only $100 each and get you into all 24 home regular season games for both the men’s and women’s teams… Call 833-8240 for more information or to order.
- The Region 3-AAA All Region Girls Tennis Team was announced yesterday and the Region Champion Clinton High School Red Devils had 4 members make the squad… They are Mason Paige Gambrell, Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughan & Delayna Burroughs.. Mason Page-Gambrell was also named to the SCHSL State Singles roster.. In addition, Coach Clovis Simmons was named Region Coach of the Year.. The team went 12-2 on the year and had a perfect 12-0 record in region play.. Congratulations to these young ladies and Coach Simmons! See the following link for a complete listing of the Region 3-AAA All Star Team: Region 3-AAA All Region Girls Tennis Team
- A little bit of information about the York Cougars who are the Raiders 1st round opponent this Friday night at KC Hannah Stadium.. York enters the contest 9-2 overall and 5-2 in Region 3-AAAA play.. They finished 3rd in their region behind Northwestern and South Pointe.. Their 2 losses were to Nation Ford 17-20 in overtime and to Northwestern 21-23.. They are averaging 36 points per game while allowing only 10…The Raiders on the other hand are averaging 28 points while allowing 17… Please see the note below about passes and cost of admission to the game this Friday night.
- Associated Press Football Rankings: The AP rankings in the FBS college football division continue to have Alabama, Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame as the top 4.. There is a tie for 5th place between Ohio State and Georgia.. spots 7-10 are occupied by Florida, Florida State, LSU and the Clemson Tigers.. South Carolina checks in at #12..
- The BCS rankings have some differences.. Alabama, Kansas State, Oregon, Notre Dame and Georgia make up the top 5.. Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Louisville & Florida State round out the top 10… Clemson comes in #13
- Over in the FCS division of college football, Georgia Southern fell all the way from # 1 to # 7 after their loss to App. State this past weekend.. North Dakota state moved from 2nd to 1st.. Wofford dropped from 7th to 14th after their loss to Samford.
- NFL: New Orleans 28 – Philadelphia 13 in Monday night football.
Note About Admission to all Playoff Games from LDHS:
LDHS will host a first-round South Carolina High School League playoff football game against York this Friday night, November 9…. We are so appreciative of the support our district employees and Century Club Members have provided our team this season. Our stands have been full and loud–just the way we like it….
Unfortunately, the South Carolina High School League does not allow schools to admit employees into the game free of charge… Century Club members will also be required to pay for admission… The only passes honored are those issued by the SC High School League itself… Century Club parking, however, will be honored even though there will be no reserved seating…Admission to the game is also set by the High School League and will be $7.00….We value your support and hope you will see fit to come be with us on Friday evening…GO RAIDERS!.
- WLBG will carry the 1st round playoff game between the York Cougars and our Laurens Raiders.. You can catch pre-game action starting about 6:40 Friday night and the kickoff is scheduled for 7:30.. Remember we will stream live at wlbg.com. There will be no Friday Night Insiders program at 5:30.
- Clemson will host Maryland in a homecoming contest with kickoff slated for 3:30 pm.. You can catch all the action here on Real Radio 860 WLBG starting with the pre-game show starting at 2:30 pm.
- Meanwhile over on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC you can catch all the action when South Carolina host Arkansas in a noon contest.. Join Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs as the pre-game starts at 11:00am.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 16th and the featured speakers will be Pete Yanity Voice of the Clemson Tigers and Todd Ellis Voice of the South Carolina Gamecocks… This should be a very interesting meeting which will start at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: email@example.com. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- The 5th annual College Football fan Challenge Oyster Roast will be this Thursday November 8th… Tickets are $35 and the numbers are limited and the likely hood of sell out is high.. For more information contact the Chamber of Commerce at 864-833-2716 or see the posting in the between the lines section at wlbg.com.
- The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation has announced youth basketball registration dates. The City league will begin registration November 10 and end on December 2. Participants can register daily at the Little River Park from 1-6pm weekdays, 10-6 on Saturdays and 1-6 on Sundays. Cost to participate is only $25 and includes a jersey and a league trophy. Age divisions are 6-8 beginner, 8-10 Rookie and 11-12 big league. A child’s league age is determined on what age they were on August 31, 2012. So a child who turned 13 on September 1 would be eligible to participate this year. Skills evaluations and practices will begin before the Christmas break. For more information please call 681-7275 or email Laurensprd@yahoo.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.