Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report:
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics.. The Blue Hose were off last week and return to action tomorrow as they host Coastal Carolina in the final home game of the season.. PC will be honoring 15 seniors who will be playing their final home game at Bailey Memorial Stadium.. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 pm and you can catch all the action on i91.9 WKRI with Eric Thacker brining you all the action.. Pre-game will start at noon… One other PC note, the women’s basketball team will travel to Clemson for a 2:00pm contest on Sunday.
- Not any local sports results to bring you from the last 24 hours so let’s take a look at a few other things.
High School Football Playoffs: Games of local interest only
- The biggest local game in AAAA-Div. II is of course the #7 Laurens Raiders hosting the #10 York Cougars.. Laurens is 8-3 on the season and York is 9-2.. The Cougars will be a stiff challenge for the Raiders as they most likely are the best 9-2 team in the state and were only a couple of plays from being 11-0.. we want all the raider fans we can get up at KC Hannah to root the team on.. If you want to avoid standing in line at the ticket office, stop by Valvoline Express Care and get you ticket today.. Remember the ONLY passes that will be honored are SCHL passes.. If you can’t make it to the game, tune in here at Real Radio 860 WLBG starting about 6:40.. Of course we will also stream live at wlbg.com.
- Other games of local interest in AAAA-II: Fort Mill @ Greenwood; Cane Bay @ South Pointe (winner of Laurens-York to face winner of this game), & Northwestern @ Easley
AAAA-I: Hillcrest @ Dutch Fork
- Blue Ridge made it back into the playoffs late yesterday (yes late yesterday) as they will travel to Daniel.. Lower Richland defeated Blue Ridge last Friday 26-21 but used an ineligible player and had t forfeit the game.. Let’s see how they do with no practice this week.
- Other AAA games: Greenville @ Chester, Union County @ Greer & BHP @ AC Flora
- Newberry @ Columbia
- Ninety Six @ Blacksburg & Saluda @ Abbeville
- My Ware Shoals Hornets that pulled a come-from-behind upset of Williston-Elko last Friday will travel to Lamar
- Blackville-Hillda @ McCormick & Hunter-Kinard-Tyler @ Calhoun Falls
- In college football last night, Florida State avoided the upset last as they defeated Virginia Tech 28-22 up in Blacksburg.. They had to score with about 40 seconds left to do it.. All Clemson fans including myself were pulling for the Hokies.
Note About Admission to all Playoff Games from LDHS:
LDHS will host a first-round South Carolina High School League playoff football game against York this Friday night, November 9…. We are so appreciative of the support our district employees and Century Club Members have provided our team this season. Our stands have been full and loud–just the way we like it….
Unfortunately, the South Carolina High School League does not allow schools to admit employees into the game free of charge… Century Club members will also be required to pay for admission… The only passes honored are those issued by the SC High School League itself… Century Club parking, however, will be honored even though there will be no reserved seating…Admission to the game is also set by the High School League and will be $7.00….We value your support and hope you will see fit to come be with us on Friday evening…GO RAIDERS!.
- WLBG will carry the 1st round playoff game between the York Cougars and our Laurens Raiders.. You can catch pre-game action starting about 6:40 Friday night and the kickoff is scheduled for 7:30.. Remember we will stream live at wlbg.com. There will be no Friday Night Insiders program at 5:30.
- Clemson will host Maryland in a homecoming contest with kickoff slated for 3:30 pm.. You can catch all the action here on Real Radio 860 WLBG starting with the pre-game show starting at 2:30 pm.
- Meanwhile over on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC you can catch all the action when South Carolina host Arkansas in a noon contest.. Join Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs as the pre-game starts at 11:00am.
FYI / Community Interest:
- CHS will have a Meet the Devils night on Thursday November 15th. All CHS basketball teams as well as the Bell Street team will be introduced. Ceremonies will start at 6:00 pm.
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 16th and the featured speakers will be Pete Yanity Voice of the Clemson Tigers and Todd Ellis Voice of the South Carolina Gamecocks… This should be a very interesting meeting which will start at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation has announced youth basketball registration dates. The City league will begin registration November 10 and end on December 2. Participants can register daily at the Little River Park from 1-6pm weekdays, 10-6 on Saturdays and 1-6 on Sundays. Cost to participate is only $25 and includes a jersey and a league trophy. Age divisions are 6-8 beginner, 8-10 Rookie and 11-12 big league. A child’s league age is determined on what age they were on August 31, 2012. So a child who turned 13 on September 1 would be eligible to participate this year. Skills evaluations and practices will begin before the Christmas break. For more information please call 681-7275 or email Laurensprd@yahoo.com.
- The Laurens YMCA has announced that registration for the youth basketball season will begin November 18 and will run through December 16. We also have a late registration period that will end on December 19. It is open to youth ages 3-14. Basketball season will officially start with practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning January 8. Cost is $50 for Y members and $60 for non-members. Call the Laurens YMCA at 984-2626 for more information including the possibility of scholarships for those who qualify.
- The Clinton YMCA has started registration for youth basketball and cheerleading. Basketball is open to youth ages 5-12. Cheerleading is open to those in grades K5-6th. The deadline for registration for both is December 13. The cost is $40 for Y members and $55 for non-members. For more information call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555. Financial assistance is available.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.