Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 11-12-12
- York 56 – Laurens 0: The Laurens Raiders hosted the York Cougars in 1st round playoff action last Friday night and to say that York was an underrated 9-2 team would be an understatement as the Cougars took a 56-0 win.. York dominated the game as they amassed 381 yards of total offense on 46 plays to Laurens 112 yards in 60 plays.. Laurens finishes the season 8-4 overall and 6-1 in the region.. I have a posting at wlbg.com that has complete statistics on the game as well as final season statistics in several categories… I’ll have more on tomorrow’s sports report about the seniors who have played their last football game for Laurens High.
Other High School Playoff Results:
- Ware Shoals 31 – Lamar 30: For the 2nd week in a row the Ware Shoals Hornets game from behind to upset a higher ranked team as they traveled to Lamar and came away with a 31-30 win over the Silver Foxes.. Ware Shoals trailed 30-14 at the half and scored 17 unanswered points in the 2nd half.. Jeremy Hart kicked the 25 yard winning field goal very late in the 4th period for the win.. The Hornets will travel to Greenville to take on top ranked Christ Church Cavaliers for the Upper state Championship.
- Other results: of teams close by or that CHS & LDHS played this year
- Class A: McCormick defeated Blackville-Hilda 28-16,
- Class AA: Abbeville defeated Saluda 6-3,
- Class AAA: Newberry defeated Columbia 28-9, Chester defeated Greenville 21-20, Union County defeated Greer 31-14 & AC Flora defeated BHP 59-42
- Class AAAA: Northwestern defeated Easley 34-0, Greenwood defeated Fort Mill 42-7, Spartanburg defeated Summerville 43-34 & Dutch Fork defeated Hillcrest 49-24
Football Scores From This Weekend:
- Appalachian State 33 – Furman 28
- Citadel 27 – VMI 24
- Wofford 16 – Chattanooga 13
- Coastal Carolina 65 – PC 7
- NC A&T 17 – SC State 7
- SC 38 – Arkansas 20
- Clemson 45 – Maryland 10
- Denver Broncos 36 – Carolina Panthers 14
- New Orleans Saints 31 – Atlanta Falcons 27 – no undefeated teams left in NFL with Atlanta’s 1st loss
- Houston Texans 13 – Chicago Bears 6
Local Sports Schedule for Today:
- PC Men’s basketball team travels to Clemson for a 7:00 pm contest.
- Clemson will host NC State this coming Saturday with kickoff slated for 3:30 pm.. You can catch all the action here on Real Radio 860 WLBG starting with the pre-game show starting at 2:30 pm.
- Meanwhile over on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC you can catch all the action when South Carolina host Wofford in a noon contest.. Join Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs as the pre-game starts at noon with kickoff at 1:00pm.
FYI / Community Interest:
- CHS will have a Meet the Devils night on Thursday November 15th. All CHS basketball teams as well as the Bell Street team will be introduced. Ceremonies will start at 6:00 pm.
- The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet again on Friday, Nov. 16th and the featured speakers will be Pete Yanity Voice of the Clemson Tigers and Todd Ellis Voice of the South Carolina Gamecocks… This should be a very interesting meeting which will start at noon and will be held at Lakeside Country Club.. It’s not too late to join us.. Contact Marlene Owings at 864-833-2716 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .. By the way, check the “Between the Lines” section at wlbg.com for video of earlier meetings.
- The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation has announced youth basketball registration dates. The City league will begin registration November 10 and end on December 2. Participants can register daily at the Little River Park from 1-6pm weekdays, 10-6 on Saturdays and 1-6 on Sundays. Cost to participate is only $25 and includes a jersey and a league trophy. Age divisions are 6-8 beginner, 8-10 Rookie and 11-12 big league. A child’s league age is determined on what age they were on August 31, 2012. So a child who turned 13 on September 1 would be eligible to participate this year. Skills evaluations and practices will begin before the Christmas break. For more information please call 681-7275 or email Laurensprd@yahoo.com.
- The Laurens YMCA has announced that registration for the youth basketball season will begin November 18 and will run through December 16. We also have a late registration period that will end on December 19. It is open to youth ages 3-14. Basketball season will officially start with practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning January 8. Cost is $50 for Y members and $60 for non-members. Call the Laurens YMCA at 984-2626 for more information including the possibility of scholarships for those who qualify.
- The Clinton YMCA has started registration for youth basketball and cheerleading. Basketball is open to youth ages 5-12. Cheerleading is open to those in grades K5-6th. The deadline for registration for both is December 13. The cost is $40 for Y members and $55 for non-members. For more information call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555. Financial assistance is available.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.