A three-year-old Laurens girl received serious burns yesterday afternoon when she was injured by spilling food from a cooking pot onto herself from the stove. Laurens City Police were dispatched to Cora Street at 5:37 pm to assist fire and EMS personnel already on the scene. The child’s mother indicated that they had cooked beef and vegetables on the stove. The father said he was watching his children and started to sweep. That’s apparently when the three-year-old daughter climbed up and grabbed the pot containing the hot beef and vegetable mixture, spilling it on herself. A police report states the incident appears to have been an accident. The child was flown by helicopter for hospital treatment of her burn injuries.
3-Year-Old Burned by Food from the Stove
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 By Leave a Comment
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.