Middle School Basketball:
- Girls: Belton 26 – Bell Street White 14… The Bell Street White team hosted Belton last night in middle school basketball action over at the old CHS gym.. In the girls game, Belton took a 26-14 win over the Lady Wildcats.. The only game detail other than the final score that I have is that Monet Boyd lead the scoring for Bell Street with 5 points.. The Bell Street White girls are now 2-2 on the season.
- Boys: Bell Street White 50 – Belton 23… In boys action, the BSW boys turned the tables and took a 50-23 win over the visitors from Belton.. Coach Josh Hallman credited solid defense that helped them to get the lead and maintain it… The leading scores for the wildcats were Shy Boyd who had 19 and Jalen Carter who had 17.. The BSW boys are undefeated at 4-0 on the season and the Bell Street White teams will be in action tonight at Laurens Middle… In the boys’ game, both teams are undefeated and this looks to be a whale of a game tonight… Hope you can make it to the game but if you can’t, I’ll be broadcasting the game on Real Radio 860 WLBG and we will as usual stem it live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.. I’ll start the broadcast a few minutes before 5:00.
- Girls: Bell Street Red 20 – Gray Court-Owens 6… In other action last night the Bell Street Red teams traveled to Gray Court to take on the Tigers.. In girls action, Bell Street took a 20-6 win over GCO.. The Lady Wildcats held the Lady Tigers scoreless in the 1st period taking a 7-0 lead and never looked back… Asia Cunningham lead Bell Street with a game high 12 points.. MK Kelly and Alexis Pagano had 3 points each and Tydeatis Longshore had 2.. For GCO Synporsha Long, Hannah Robins and Elexius Jones each had 2 points.
- Boys: Bell Street Red 61 – Gray Court-Owens 38… In the final game of the evening at Gray Court the BSR boys team completes the sweep of GCO with a 61-38 win over the Tigers… The Wildcats jumped out to a 17-6 lead at the end of the 1st period of play as GCO had trouble getting the shots to fall and because the Wildcat pressure defense caused the Tigers problems.. The GCO Tigers did play better in the 2nd period as Bell Street substituted more but a big 3rd period by the Wildcats sealed the Tigers fate as they carried a 57-27 lead into the start of the final period of play… The Wildcats had 2 players with double-digit scoring: Kiah Young with 19 and Tymori Tribble with 11… Others scoring for BS were: Zay Hurley 8, , Ty Priestley 7, JJ Richardson & Brooks Threatt 4 each, Trey Copelan & Charlie Craven 3 each and Robert Powell 2.. The leading scorer in the game was Gray Court’s Brendin Gallamore who had 21 points.. Others scoring for GCO were Jacob Thompson with 8, Ja’Myas Rhodes 5, and both Cameron Woody & Josh Greene with 2 each.
- The Laurens Raider Wrestling Team hosted a three-way match with Mauldin and Travelers Rest last night.. Good news for the Raiders as they defeated Mauldin 60-9 and Travelers Rest 57-24.. Raiders who took wins against both schools are: Jared Cooley, Ben Pemberton, Brendan Clark, Juan Barcenas, Ryan Hughes, Austin Crocker, Stephens Johnson and Daniel Cooper… Click on the following link for match details:LDHS Wrestling Results From 12-12-12
- By now most everyone has heard that Marcus Lattimore has decided to enter the NFL draft this season… The projected timeline on his recovery will put him out for the next season but USC’s team orthopedist says his dislocation of the knee was not complicated by many factors that have happened.. I don’t think there is a Gamecock fan alive that would disagree with his decision and will be rooting him on to whatever the Lord has in store for one of the model citizens of the South Carolina… I know there are a lot of SEC and other coaches who are glad he will never run the football for Carolina anymore.. I look for big things out of this young man both on and off the field in the future.
Local Sports Schedule:
Middle School Basketball: Girls action starts at 5:00
- Sanders @ Gray Court-Owens
- Bell Street White @ Laurens – Can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG and on internet at wlbg.com.
- Hickory Tavern @ Honea Path
- Bell Street Red @ Belton
- JV Basketball host Newberry 6:00
- The next middle school basketball broadcast on Real Radio 860 will be tonight Dec. 13th from Laurens Middle School as the Tigers host the bell Street White Wildcats… Join me just a few minutes before 5:00 and remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- This next varsity basketball from Laurens High School will be Tuesday Dec. 18th as the Raiders take on J.L. Mann… Join Dr. Rhett Harris and myself a few minutes before 6 PM. … Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens YMCA has announced that registration for the youth basketball season will begin November 18 and will run through December 16. We also have a late registration period that will end on December 19. It is open to youth ages 3-14. Basketball season will officially start with practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning January 8. Cost is $50 for Y members and $60 for non-members. Call the Laurens YMCA at 984-2626 for more information including the possibility of scholarships for those who qualify.
- The Clinton YMCA has started registration for youth basketball and cheerleading. Basketball is open to youth ages 5-12. Cheerleading is open to those in grades K5-6th. The deadline for registration for both is December 13. The cost is $40 for Y members and $55 for non-members. For more information call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555. Financial assistance is available.
- There will be a Raider Basketball Kid’s Camp December 27th & 28th at the Laurens High Gym. The camp will be teaching many fundamental basketball skills. We will be giving out individual prizes for Hot Shot, Knockout and Speed Dribbling Champions. We will also have guest speakers each day. This camp will be a great opportunity for young players to work on their basketball skills. Each camper will receive a camp T-shirt. The camp hours will be 9am – noon and is open to youth 5-13.. The cost is $30 if you register by Friday December 21st and $35 after that date. Discounts are available for siblings. Contact Coach Rico Salliewhite at 864-923-6902 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to register.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.