Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 1-8-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics.. Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams were in action this past Saturday.. The lady Blue Hose were on the road up in Buies Creek, NC and rallied from being down 21 at the half to take a 68-62 win in overtime against Campbell.. This gives the Lady Blue Hose a 4-0 record in Big South play… They will be back in action Thursday as they host Longwoodd in a 7:00 contest.. The men’s’ team did not fare as well as they dropped their Big South opener to VMI.. The Keydets took an 86-77 win over the Blue Hose at the Templeton Center.. The Blue Hose will travel to Coastal Carolina for a 7:00 contest tomorrow.
Local sports: I need to do some catching up on JV basketball before I do anything else:
- Last Friday the Clinton JVs traveled to Christ Church and the girls came away win a 31-29 win over the Lady Cavaliers.. Ticambrius Copeland made a layup with 30 seconds to go to give Clinton the win… Chyna Davis led the scoring with 7 points…. In boys action last Friday night, the Boys JV team lost but I do not know any other details.
- Last night the JV teams were in action over in Woodruff against the Wolverines.. Good news again for the Lady Red Devils as they defeated Woodruff 25-18…they were up 8-6 at half but then outscored Woodruff 17-12 in the second half mainly because of their full court press. Chyna Davis led the scoring with 9 points… Cynthia McHam, DeNaisha Floyd & Cassie Nichols all had 4 points… The Girls JV team is now 5-2 on the season…Also last night the Boys JV team posted one in the win column as they defeated Woodruff 41-37… Jasper Fuller had 17 points and Vee Thompson 10.
- The Laurens JV teams were also in action last night as they traveled up to Woodmont to take on the Wildcats.. In girls action, the Lady Raider JV team lost their first game of the season as the Lady Wildcats took a 38-33 win.. Missed layups and free throws were the team’s big problems last night… The JV boys team fared better as they took a 31-20 win… Sorry but I did not get any more details on these games or anything on the 9th grade boys team.
- Last Friday the Crusaders traveled to Wardlaw to take on the Patriots in Middle School basketball action.. Good news as the M.S. girls team defeated the patriots 21-14 and the boys followed their lead as they took a 37-26 win…
- The middle school teams were in action again last night but unfortunately the news was not as good as Northside took 2 victories over the Crusaders.. Northside won the girl’s game by a score of 27-11 and also the boys’ game by a score of 54-44.
Alabama 42 – Notre Dame 14.. Well for those of you who were in a coma or abducted by aliens last night and just regained consciousness or gotten back from the mother ship, Alabama won the BCS national Championship game 41-14 over previously undefeated Notre Dame .. Alabama was so dominated in the 1st half and led 28-0 going into the locker room at the half.. I actually switched to WWE Raw a couple of times it was so one-sided.. The Irish did finally get on the scoreboard with about 4 minutes left in the third and again in the 4th period but it was too little too late.. That gives Alabama 3 BCS titles in 4 years if my memory is correct… How hum, just another day at the office for the SEC…
Local Sports Schedule:
- Girls & Boys basketball host Woodruff 6:00 / 7:30 These games can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC starting about 5:45.
- Girls & Boys basketball host Woodmont 6:00 / 7:30 These games can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG starting about 5:50.
- Girls & Boys basketball @ Mead Hall 6:00 / 7:30
- The next middle school basketball broadcast on Real Radio 860 will be Monday January 14th, 2013 from Sanders Middle School as the Yellow Jackets host the Bell Street Red Wildcats… Join me just a few minutes before 5:00 and remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.