School District 56 yesterday announced the dates for Kindergarten registration for the 2013- 2014 School year. Sign-up dates will be February 19th through 22nd.
Registration for 4-K will be held atM.S.BaileyChildDevelopmentCenter. Parents are asked to come to the school office between 8:30 am and 2;00 pm for registration. Later times can be made available by appointment.
Registration for 5-K will be held at all elementary schools.
Children need to be registered by a custodial parent, but children do not have to come to the registration.
There is some documentation required for this process. Your child will be registered, but not officially enrolled or assigned to a teacher until the school as the following information:
- Official Birth Certificate
- Current Certificate of Immunization (This form can be obtained from the health department or from the doctor’s office where the child received his/her shots). Bring the most recent shot record to registration.
- Verification of Residency (must have two forms)
- Medicaid Card (if applicable)
- Food Stamp Case Number (must call case worker to get this, it is not on the EBT card)
- Custody paper or other legal document (if applicable). A custodial parent must register children.
Students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2013 to be eligible for the four-year- old child development program. All four-year programs in the district are presently full day. All four-year olds will attend school atM.S.BaileyChildDevelopmentCenter.
Four-year old students who are presently enrolled at MSB CDC do not have to register for five-year kindergarten. If there has been a change in your address, telephone number, or any information given at registration, please let the school know immediately.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2013 to be eligible for the five-year kindergarten program. All five-year kindergarten programs in the district will be full day for the 2013 – 2014 school year.
Questions on this process can be handled with a call to theM.S.BaileyChildDevelopmentCenterfor the 4-K program, or, for the 5K program, to either Clinton Elementary, Eastside Elementary or Joanna-Woodson Elementary.
If you have questions, please contact the school in your attendance area:
M.S. Bailey Child Development Center (4K only) 833-0836
Clinton Elementary 833-0812
Eastside Elementary 833-0827
Joanna-Woodson Elementary 697-6480