Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 1-29-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics: Last Saturday the Blue Hose were on the road up in Virginia taking on Longwood.. Good news as PC took an 82-71 win… Khalid Mutakabbir had a career high 29 points in the win… The Blue Hose are back in action tomorrow night at 7:00 as they host UNC-Ashville at the Templeton Center.. Then on Thursday night the Lady Blue Hose get back in action as they host Winthrop in a 7:00 contest.
Middle School Basketball: Girls games start at 5:00
Bell Street White @ Sanders
- Girls: Sanders 27 – BSW 10… In girls action at Sanders, Sanders took a 27-10.. Sanders broke a 2-2 tie at the end of the 1st period and slowly pulled away out scoring BSW 17 -6 in the 2nd half… Malaysia Todd had a game high 17 points to lead Sanders.. Bre Bates & KeNyJa Spureon had 4 points each and Sparkle Mims 2.. For BS, Kalen Richardson & Bri James had 4 each… Sydney Fisher had 2 points.
- Boys: Sanders 40 – BSW 38.. In the 2nd game, Sanders and BSW boys went back and forth but when the final buzzer sounded, Sanders had pulled out a 40-38 win… BS enjoyed a 2 point 18-16 lead at the half and the lead changed hand at least 5 time in the 2nd half.. In the end, BS did not have an answer for Sanders’ Corey Maybry who had 6 of his game high 22 points in the final period… Others scoring for Sanders were Ty Foster with 6 points, Justin Anderson 5, Jonathan Rayford 4 and Summie carley 3.. Bell Street had 2 players in double-digits.. They were Donte Reeder with 12 and Jalen Carter with 11.. Also scoring for BSW were Shy Boyd with 8, KoKo Richey with 4, Dawson Green 2.. KoKo Richey also had 5at least 5 blocked shots with 4 in 1 stretch in the 3rd period.
Hickory Tavern @ Bell Street Red:
- Girls: BSR 23 – HT 14… HT kept his game close until the 4th period when the BSW girls pulled away… Mk Kelly and Olivia Hamrick led BSR with 6 points each… Asia Cunningham added 4 points… Abby Tatham was leading scorer for HT with 8 points
- BSR 41 – HT 20… In the boys game, BSR completed the sweep of HT with a 41-20.. BS jumped out early and HT could not recover.. Tymori Tribble had a game high 22 points to lead BS in scoring… Kiah Young added 5 and Josh Williams 4 for BS… Jason Johnson was leading score for HT with 7 points.
Belton @ Laurens
- Girls: Belton 43 – LMS 22…The LMS girls managed to stay close in the 1st half trailing by 2 with the score 19-17 Belton but the “proverbial wheels came off the bus” in the 2nd half as Belton took a 43-22 win… Tiesha Jones led LMS with 9 points… KeKe Watts added 7 and Tymeshia Garlington had 5.
- Boys: LMS 54 – Belton 27.. The LMS boys remained undefeated on the season with 1 game to go as they defeated Belton 54-27.. Laurens jumped out to a 16-2 lead at the end of the 1st quarter and was never really threatened as Belton had trouble with the Laurens press… Coach Kevin Gaines was able to play his subs liberally in the contest.. Braylyn Mc Beth led Laurens 21 points and 10 rebounds… Ty Rice added 10 points, DQ Floyd & Jayln Walker 8 each, Tizay Hill 6 and Keenan Dickey 1.
Gray Court-Owens @ Honea Path
- Girls: HP 22 – GCO 10.. In the 1st game the HP girls took a 22-10 win over the Lady Tigers of GCO.. HP simply outplayed GCO.. Vanessa Huerta had 6 of GCO points… Symporsha Long and Elexus Jones had 2 points each for GCO.
- Boys: GCO 36 – HP 32… The GCO boys avoided the sweep at HP by taking a 36-32 win over the home team.. The game was not as close as the score sounds as GCO was up by 14 points with a little under 2 minutes to go when GCO substituted.. GCO had 2 players scoring in double-digits.. They were Brendin Gallamore with 15 and Brandon Oberdier with 10.. Josh Greene assed 5 points.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball host Broome 6:00 / 7:30 This game can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Varsity basketball @ Woodmont 6:00 / 7:30
- All basketball teams as they host Covenant 4:00 / 5:00 / 6:00 / 7:00
- This next varsity basketball from Laurens High School will be Wednesday January 30th as the Raiders take on Easley… Join Dr. Rhett Harris and myself a few minutes before 6 PM. … Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens Little League Baseball and Softball is proud to announce the upcoming registration period for the 2013 season. The registration period will begin Monday, January 14 and conclude February 16. Skills evaluations will be held the week of February 18. This year’s cost will be $50 for the following age divisions; Coaches Pitch 7-8, Minors, Majors and Intermediate. Cost will include a team hat, moisture wicking jersey, ankle length pants and a belt. For WeeBall (3-4yr) and TeeBall (5-6yr) the cost will be $40 and includes a hat, Moisture wicking jersey, draw string pants and socks. All players will be covered with Little League Medical insurance.
A new age division will also be introduced this upcoming season. The intermediate division will be a new baseball group for ages 11-13 and will be played similar to High School. Big Barrel bats and lead offs will be a new area for these ages in Little League. It is designed to prepare players for the next step which will be JV or High School ball. Our league boundaries stretch all throughout Laurens County and the calls have come from just about every corner of the county with interest.”
Registration will be held at the Little River Park recreation office weekdays from 9am-6pm, Saturdays from 10am-6pm and Sundays from 1-6pm. Registration requires proof of residence in Laurens County, a birth certificate and the fees. More information can be had by visiting the office or calling 864-681-7275 or emailing LaurensPRD@yahoo.com
- The Laurens YMCA is now registering youth ages 3-15 for spring Soccer. Registration fee is $50 for members and $60 for non-members. Normal registration ends February 17th. A late registration will end at noon on February 20th with an additional $15 fee.. Click on the following link for more information: Laurens YMCA Spring 2113 Soccer Information
- The Laurens YMCA is also registering youth for Dixie Youth Baseball. There are age appropriate groups for youth 5-15. Registration deadline is March 3rd and the fee is $50. Skill evaluations will be march 4th from 6:00-7:00 pm for 6U and from 8:00-9:00 for 9U. On March 5th skill evaluations for 12U will be from 6:00-7:00 and for 15U from 8:00-9:00 pm.. For more information about soccer of baseball contact the YMCA at 984-2626 Click on following for more information: Laurens YMCA Dixie Youth 2013 Information
- The Clinton Family YMCA is taking registration for its YMCA – City of Clinton Youth baseball and girls’ softball program.. Baseball will be for youth ages 3 – 15. The Y is offering seven different age appropriate groups for baseball. Girls’ softball will be offered for 3 age groups for girls a 7 – 15 year old. The registration deadline is Tuesday, February 19 with registration being taken daily at the YMCA reception desk during normal business hours. Registration fees are $ 40.00 for YMCA members and $ 55.00 for participants. There will be a $10 LATE FEE if registered after February 19th. The YMCA is offering financial aid and assistance to greater Clinton citizens as well. The YMCA is seeking volunteer coaches for all leagues as well. Anyone interested in coaching a team should contact YMCA Physical Director Brian Shealy for details. The YMCA can be reached at 833-1555 or 833-YMCA (9622). Click on the following for more information: Clinton 2013 Baseball & Softball Registration Information
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.