10. Sexually oriented businesses may not open for business on Sundays. (Ord. No. CC-96-016, 11-18-96)
9. Horses are to wear pants at all times. This is a law in Fountain Inn.
8. In Spartanburg , eating watermelons in the Magnolia Street cemetery is forbidden.
7. Any railroad company shall be liable for damages for any horse frightened as a result of the violation of the provisions of this section by any of its employees. SECTION 58-17-3400
6. It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
5. It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
4. When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
3. Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks
2. In Charleston, the Fire Department may blow up your house.
1. The drinking age on Furman University campus is 60 years old. Furman University was originally a “dry campus”, but recently, condos built for senior citizens were erected on the property, so drinking was allowed, but only for the senior citizens.