Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 2-12-13
- Boys: Daniel 77 – CHS 43.. The Clinton High boys basketball team traveled to Daniel last night in opening round action of the 3-A playoffs… Just like the girls the night before, Clinton was eliminated as Daniel took a 77-43 win over the Red Devils… Clinton suffered from one of its poorest offensive and defensive efforts of the year in the 1st half.. Daniel led 20-6 at the end of the 1st period and 41-13 at the half… Daniel changed the type of defense they used often keeping the Red Devils off balance in the opening half.. Clinton did pick up their offense in the 3rd period scoring 20 points but their defense still struggled as they allowed 24 points.. It was much the same story in the 4th period as Clinton tried to stay even but could not catch up… Daniel had 4 players scoring in double digits while Clinton had none… Tay Cook was the leading scorer for the Red Devils with 7 points.. Ian Kinard & Kenyon Brown both had 6 each, Nike Davis & Lavadrick Glenn 5 each, Tymori Tribble & Shakily Smiley 4 each and both Hunter Stewart & Timothy Williams had 3 each.. The Red Devils finished the season with an 8-17 record on the season.
- The Laurens boys’ basketball team opens up first round playoff action tonight as they travel to Roebuck to take on the Dorman Cavaliers… The Cavaliers finished 1st in Region II-AAAA with a 19-5 overall record and a 12-2 region record…. Their losses were to Irmo by 7 points, Hillcrest by 6, Northwestern by 3, Byrnes by 1 and Gaffney by 8… Their scoring average is 62.3 points per game while their defense gives up an average of 48.7 points per game… Laurens did play them back in November in the Impact sports Tournament and Dorman took a 76-40 win at that time.. Let’s hope things are different tonight..
- Now I hope you can follow the boys up to Dorman tonight but if you can’t you can catch all the action live here on Real Radio 860 WLBG… Join Dr. Rhett Harris and myself as we start about 6:55 pm… Remember that we stream all local athletic broadcast live on the internet at www.wlbg.com. Look for the Listen Live link on the homepage..
Local Sports Schedule:
- V. Baseball vs Mid-Carolina 5:00 Scrimmage
- V. Softball vs Whitmire 5:00 Scrimmage
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens Little League Baseball and Softball is proud to announce the upcoming registration period for the 2013 season. The registration period will begin Monday, January 14 and conclude February 16. Skills evaluations will be held the week of February 18. This year’s cost will be $50 for the following age divisions; Coaches Pitch 7-8, Minors, Majors and Intermediate. Cost will include a team hat, moisture wicking jersey, ankle length pants and a belt. For WeeBall (3-4yr) and TeeBall (5-6yr) the cost will be $40 and includes a hat, Moisture wicking jersey, draw string pants and socks. All players will be covered with Little League Medical insurance.
A new age division will also be introduced this upcoming season. The intermediate division will be a new baseball group for ages 11-13 and will be played similar to High School. Big Barrel bats and lead offs will be a new area for these ages in Little League. It is designed to prepare players for the next step which will be JV or High School ball. Our league boundaries stretch all throughout Laurens County and the calls have come from just about every corner of the county with interest.”
Registration will be held at the Little River Park recreation office weekdays from 9am-6pm, Saturdays from 10am-6pm and Sundays from 1-6pm. Registration requires proof of residence in Laurens County, a birth certificate and the fees. More information can be had by visiting the office or calling 864-681-7275 or emailing LaurensPRD@yahoo.com
- The Laurens YMCA is now registering youth ages 3-15 for spring Soccer. Registration fee is $50 for members and $60 for non-members. Normal registration ends February 17th. A late registration will end at noon on February 20th with an additional $15 fee.. Click on the following link for more information: Laurens YMCA Spring 2113 Soccer Information
- The Laurens YMCA is also registering youth for Dixie Youth Baseball. There are age appropriate groups for youth 5-15. Registration deadline is March 3rd and the fee is $50. Skill evaluations will be march 4th from 6:00-7:00 pm for 6U and from 8:00-9:00 for 9U. On March 5th skill evaluations for 12U will be from 6:00-7:00 and for 15U from 8:00-9:00 pm.. For more information about soccer of baseball contact the YMCA at 984-2626 Click on following for more information: Laurens YMCA Dixie Youth 2013 Information
- The Clinton Family YMCA is taking registration for its YMCA – City of Clinton Youth baseball and girls’ softball program.. Baseball will be for youth ages 3 – 15. The Y is offering seven different age appropriate groups for baseball. Girls’ softball will be offered for 3 age groups for girls a 7 – 15 year old. The registration deadline is Tuesday, February 19 with registration being taken daily at the YMCA reception desk during normal business hours. Registration fees are $ 40.00 for YMCA members and $ 55.00 for participants. There will be a $10 LATE FEE if registered after February 19th. The YMCA is offering financial aid and assistance to greater Clinton citizens as well. The YMCA is seeking volunteer coaches for all leagues as well. Anyone interested in coaching a team should contact YMCA Physical Director Brian Shealy for details. The YMCA can be reached at 833-1555 or 833-YMCA (9622). Click on the following for more information: Clinton 2013 Baseball & Softball Registration Information
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.