Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 2-22-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… Last Tuesday night the PC men’s basketball team traveled to Charleston Southern and unfortunately the Bucs took a 72-54 win… PC had its problems in the 1st half and trailed by 19 at the half and managed to play the Bucs even in the 2nd half but could not climb out of the whole they were in at halftime.. The Blue Hose are back in action tomorrow night as they host the Citadel at 7:45 as part of the Ramada Worldwide BracketBuster Series. .. Better news for Lady Blue Hose fans as they took a 62-51 win over Campbell last night at the Templeton Center.. The Lady Blue Hose will have their last home game tomorrow at 5:00 as they host High Point.. It will be Senior Night and among the 6 seniors honored will be Laurens High graduate Shonda Burnside.
Local sports: Not much to report on here. Tried to find out score of Laurens Academy game last night but was unsuccessful… Please be sure to see local schedule below.
- The Duels were held at Daytona yesterday and there were a few crashed but overall most drivers were racing a little on the conservative side.. Kevin Harvick won the 1st Duel and Kyle Bush the 2nd one.. A lot of the so called experts are picking Harvick to win the 500 on Sunday.. We shall see.
College Notes: The college baseball schedule for this weekend:
- Clemson host Wright State: Friday @ 4:00, Saturday @ 2:00 and Sunday @ 1:00
- South Carolina host Albany: Friday @ 3:00 and both Saturday & Sunday @ 1:30
- North Greenville: Saturday double-header @ Mount Olive College noon & 3:00
- PC: At North Carolina Central, Saturday double header starting at 1:00, single game on Sunday @ 1:00
Local Sports Schedule: Weather Permitting
- JV baseball vs. Abbeville @ Greenwood 5:00
- Sat. JV baseballs @ Emerald 12:00
- Sat. Varsity baseball vs. Ridgeview @ Irmo 3:00
- Golf Team in Greenwood Tournament at Stoney Point
- Austin Crocker & Ryan Hughes in AAAA State Wrestling Tournament @ Anderson Civic Center Friday & Saturday
- Varsity baseball: Battle of the Piedmont Tournament @ LDHS : Friday vs. Southside Christian @ 4:40, Saturday vs. Berea @ 10:00 and vs. Woodmont @ 5:30.
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens YMCA is also registering youth for Dixie Youth Baseball. There are age appropriate groups for youth 5-15. Registration deadline is March 3rd and the fee is $50. Skill evaluations will be march 4th from 6:00-7:00 pm for 6U and from 8:00-9:00 for 9U. On March 5th skill evaluations for 12U will be from 6:00-7:00 and for 15U from 8:00-9:00 pm.. For more information about soccer of baseball contact the YMCA at 984-2626 Click on following for more information: Laurens YMCA Dixie Youth 2013 Information
- The Clinton Family YMCA is taking registration for its YMCA – City of Clinton Youth baseball and girls’ softball program.. Baseball will be for youth ages 3 – 15. The Y is offering seven different age appropriate groups for baseball. Girls’ softball will be offered for 3 age groups for girls a 7 – 15 year old. The registration deadline is Tuesday, February 19 with registration being taken daily at the YMCA reception desk during normal business hours. Registration fees are $ 40.00 for YMCA members and $ 55.00 for participants. There will be a $10 LATE FEE if registered after February 19th. The last day to register is February 28th. The YMCA is offering financial aid and assistance to greater Clinton citizens as well. The YMCA is seeking volunteer coaches for all leagues as well. Anyone interested in coaching a team should contact YMCA Physical Director Brian Shealy for details. The YMCA can be reached at 833-1555 or 833-YMCA (9622). Click on the following for more information: Clinton 2013 Baseball & Softball Registration Information
- The Laurens YMCA will hold its 9th Annual Golf Tournament March 28, 2013 at lakeside Country Club.. This is one of the major fund raising events for the Y Scholarship Program. Last year alone the Y awarded just under $132,00 in scholarship.. This event is what helps to make this happen… For complete details see the posting in the Between the Lines section of Sports at wlbg.com or call the Y at 864-984-2626.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.