Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 3-7-13
Baseball: Newberry 13 – CHS 2.. In baseball action last night at Clinton High, the Newberry Bulldogs defeated Clinton 13-2.. The game was only 2-0 going into the 4th inning when Newberry struck for 4 runs then added 3 more in the 6th and 4 more in the 7th while Clinton managed only single runs in the 5th & 6th innings. .. Clinton managed only 3 hits on the night while 4 Clinton pitchers gave up 10 hits to Newberry… Brandon Pitts, Hunter Stewart and Kendall Pitts had 1 hit each for Clinton..
Softball: Laurens 8 – Clinton 3… Also in Clinton last night the Laurens & Clinton softball teams got together for the first of two contests they will have this year… When the last out was registered, The Lady Raiders had taken an 8-3 win over the Lady Red Devils… Laurens got on the board 1st in the 2nd inning when Elizabeth Carman led off with a double and scored when Michael Smith tripled.. Clinton took the lead scoring 2 runs in the 4th inning when Brittany Templeton reached on an error, Tori Merrill walked and Molly Scarborough brought them in with a double… Laurens went back on top in the 6th inning when Tara Bond reached on an error and Maria Williamson doubled to bring her in… Carman then singled moving Williamson to 3rd and she scored on a sacrifice by Jordan Henderson.. The Lady Red Devils came right back and tied the game at 3-3 in their half of the 6th when Templeton doubled and Merrill later brought her in with a single to left field… Laurens broke the tie in the 7th with a 5 run inning.. A double by Baylee Bragg, a single by Annsley Nelson, and a 2 run homer by Carman were the key hits in the inning… The Red Devils had a total of 6 hits with Cassie Nichols being the only Clinton player to get more than 1 as she had 2…. Carman was the leading hitter for Laurens going 3 for 4 with the a double and home run.. Allison Foreback gets the win for the Raiders while Jessica Wood takes the loss for the Red Devils.. Click on following for more complete stats and box score: 2013-3-6_LHSB-8_CHS-3
JV Softball: Laurens 13 – Clinton 0… In action prior to the varsity contest, Laurens took a 13-0 win over Clinton.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Golf host Woodruff 4:00
- JV. Baseball host Union 6:00
- Soccer host Greer Middle College 5:30
- V. Softball at 96 6:00 This game can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Track host Laurens 5:00
- Boys tennis host Westside at City Park 4:30
- Track @ Clinton 5:30
- Girls & Boys Soccer @ Hillcrest 5:30 / 7:00
- JV & Varsity baseball @ Greenwood 4:30 / 7:00
- Varsity baseball @ Christ Church 7:00
FYI / Community Interest:
- The Laurens YMCA will hold its 9th Annual Golf Tournament March 28, 2013 at Lakeside Country Club.. This is one of the major fund raising events for the Y Scholarship Program. Last year alone the Y awarded just under $132,00 in scholarship.. This event is what helps to make this happen… For complete details see the posting in the Between the Lines section of Sports at wlbg.com or call the Y at 864-984-2626.
- Laurens YMCA Carolinas Metro Youth Baseball Clinic: The Laurens Y will be conducting the Carolinas Metro Youth Baseball Clinic Saturday March 30th, 2013 at Collyar Park. It will be a fun clinic that stresses the skills needed to make you the best player you can be.. One of the instructors will be Morris Madden of Laurens. For more information about the time, cost or other information, call the Laurens Y at 984-2626 or see the posting in the Between the Lines section at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.