Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 4-1-13
- Baseball: Clinton 15 – Broome 1… The Clinton Red Devils traveled to Broome to take on the Centurions last Friday night and the bus ride back was a happy one as they smashed the Centurions 15 -1 … Clinton scored 7 runs in the 1st inning and were never threatened starting pitcher Justin Foster scattered 2 hits while striking out 3 and walking 3 to get the complete 5 inning win… The only run Broome managed was a solo shot in the 4th inning… Clinton more than batted around in the big 1st inning… In addition to a couple of walks and a hit batter, Colby Templeton, Dalton Foster, Landon Allison, Hunter Stewart , Josh Simmons and Matt Craven all had hits… The Red Devils added 4 more in the 4th and 5th innings… In the 4th inning, Kendall Pitts had a 2 run homer… By the time the last out was recorded, Clinton had pounded out 17 hits with Landon Allison going 4 -4 with 2 doubles and 4 RBIs while scoring 2 runs… Click on the following to see more statistics on the game: 2013-3-29__CHS-15__Broome-1 The Red Devils will be in action the first part of this week as they participate in the Carolina Classic Spring Break Tournament over at Pendleton H.S….. They will face the home team Pendleton today at 6:30pm
- C-Team Baseball: CHS takes 2 from Dutch Fork… On Saturday Clinton fielded a C-Team for the first time and good news as Clinton won 2 games down at Dutch Fork… They defeated the Silver Foxes twice, once by a score of 7-3 and the second time by a score of 2-1… For details on how the 2 contest went, click on the following: 2013-3-30__CHS-C-Team
- Baseball: Greenwood 1 – Laurens 0… Easley, TL Hannah, Greenwood and Laurens all went into last Friday night’s contest tied for the region lead with 5-2 records and looking to get a “leg up” as they started 2nd half of region play… Laurens hosted Greenwood hoping to be one of the teams to get out in font but it was not to be as Greenwood took a 1-0 win over the Raiders… Tanner Adair and Greenwood’s Zach Richardson hooked up in a pitching duel where Richardson held the Laurens bats to only 1 hit while Adair allowed 5… The only hit that hurt the Raiders was a leadoff triple in the 3rd inning which 2 batters later resulted in a run when Greenwood grounded out deep in the hole at shortstop allowing the runner to score… Adair struck out 8 while walking 1 in an effort that normally would garner a win… Click on the following for more game statistics: 2013-3-29_LDHS-BB-0_Gwd-1 Click on the following for the game scorecard: 2013-3-29_LDHS-BB-0_Gwd-1_scorecard Laurens will be in action this week in the Carolina Classic at Eastside… Their first game is scheduled for today against Wade Hampton with 1st pitch set for 4:00pm.
- Opening Day… Well the boys of summer are back as MLB gets started last night when the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros kicked the season off… All the other MLB teams start their season today…. The Braves will open tonight in Atlanta as they host the Phillies in a 3 game series… Weird though, tomorrow they are off… Tim Hudson is supposed to get the start for the Braves who for the 1st time in about 20 years will not have Chipper Jones in the lineup… Most of the polls I have seen pick the Braves to finish 2nd in the NL East behind the Washington Nationals… Only time will tell.
Local Sports Schedule:
- CHS Athletic Booster Club will meet tonight at 6:00 in the gym at the new high school… It’s not too late to join!
- Boys golf at Pendleton Tournament today & tomorrow Boscobel C.C.
- Our next game broadcast from Laurens High School will be a softball game Tuesday, April 9th when the Lady Raiders take on the TL Hannah… Join me a few minutes before 7:30 PM live from the field the varsity action.… Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com
FYI / Community Interest:
- Donations Needed: If you have any good used exercise bikes or elliptical machines they have a need for them at LDHS.. They also can olympic weights and dumbbells for the weight room. If anybody in the community has any of these items that are “collecting dust” and in your way and would be willing to donate them, they can use them. They will of course come out and pick them up. If you have any of these items contact call LDHS at 682-3151 and tell them what you have and they will pass the message on to Adam Howell, strength & conditioning coach.
- Coupon Book For Sale… As you may or may not know, the athletic budget at the local high schools provided by the district often does not cover all the items needed to run an athletic team and coaches often have to look for other sources of income to make ends meet. The LDHS football program is no exception to that dilemma… This coming year they must replace or refurbish all helmets due to the 10 year rule, new uniforms are needed and the coach’s sideline communication system used to confer with the assistant coaches in or around the press box must be replaced… All this takes money not in the normal budget… To help pay for these the football team is selling a coupon book for $20 that has over 50 coupons to various local businesses.. One coupon in the book offers a free oil change and tire rotation from a local dealership that is alone worth well over $20… Coach Lawson will have these at all the home athletic events this spring and you can also get one by calling his office # 683-3360 and leaving a message… They also have them in them available in the main office at LDHS… If you get the chance, purchase one, I did.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.