- Golf: Union County 163 – Clinton 174… Back on Tuesday the CHS golf team traveled to River Chase C.C to take on Union County and the Yellow Jackets defeated the Red Devils 163 to 174… Hunter Nichols was match medalist shooting a 2 below par 34… Other Clinton scores were: Zach Davis – 45, Nate Moody – 47, Harrison Fisher – 48, Michael Mann – 53 & Caleb Moore – 57… The Red Devils are now 9-7-1 on the season.
- Soccer: Clinton 5 – Union County 1… Also on Tuesday the soccer team traveled to Union but the ending was different as Clinton took a 5-3 win… Madison Simpson continues to lead the Red Devils in scoring as he had 4 goals in the match… Nolan Boozer had the other goal for Clinton… Union outshot Clinton 19-9 but Jose Gayton was able to save 9 shots in goal.
- JV baseball: Union County 7 – Clinton 2.. The Clinton and Union County JV baseball teams met for the second night in a row last night in Union and the Yellow Jackets avenged a 14-4 loss on Tuesday night with a 7-2 win last night… The score was only 4-2 Union going into the bottom of the 6th when Union scored 3 to break the game open… The Red Devils leading hitter was Austin Foster who went 2-3 with a triple… Clinton is now 11-3 on the season.
CHS vs. LDHS
- Soccer: Clinton 4 – Laurens 2… Last night the soccer team hosted Laurens and the Red Devils won their second match in as many days as they defeated Laurens 4-2… Madison Simpson led Clinton with 3 goals and again Nolan Boozer had the other Red Devil goal… Laurens 2 goals were scored by Spanky Crocker and Henry Garcia… Laurens took 14 shots on goal to Clinton’s 12 and Clinton’s Jose Gayton had 8 saves in goal while Lauren’ Casey Downs had 7… Clinton’s record is now 6-1 ( 2-5) while Laurens is 5-8.
- Track: Laurens vs. Clinton: On Tuesday Laurens and Clinton faced off in a track meet at LDHS… In girls’ action, Laurens defeated Clinton 80 – 46… The Lady Raiders took 1st place in 12 of the 16 events run… In boys action the results were close to the same as Laurens took a 78-63 win… The Raiders took 1st place in 13 of 17 events run… Click on the following for complete match details: 2013-4-16_Results vs Clinton County Champ
- Golf: Hanna 151 – Laurens 164… Back on Monday the Raider varsity and JV boys golf teams traveled to Cobbs Glenn CC to take on TL Hanna… The Yellow Jackets proved to be a little too strong for the Raider teams as they took a 151 – 164 in varsity action and 173-222 in JV action… In varsity action, Ryan Wright was co-match medalist with Brady Cox of Hanna as they both shot a 38… Click on the following for more match details: 2013-4-15_Golf_Hanna
- Tennis: Union 6 – Laurens 1… Back on Monday the Raider tennis team traveled to Union County and the Yellow jackets took a 6-1 win over the Raiders… Chris Mather and Jacob Freeze picked up the 1 win for Laurens playing as the #1 doubles team…Click on the following for more match details: 2013-04-15_LDHS-1__Union-6
- Tennis: JL Mann 7 – Laurens 0… Then on Tuesday the Raider tennis team hosted the defending 4-A state champions the Patriots of JL Mann… The Patriots showed why they might very well be in contention to repeat as they took a 7-0 win over the Raiders… Click on the following for more match details: 2013-04-16_LDHS-0__Mann-7
- Softball @ Easley Rained out… Do not yet know when the game will be made up.
- Royals 1 – Braves 0… The Braves had their 10 game winning streak snapped yesterday as the Kansas City Royals took a 1-0 win at Turner Field… The Braves are now 12-2 on the season and start an 11 day road trip with a 4 game series with the Pirates in Pittsburg tonight.
- Drive 5 – Power 4… The Drive came from behind last night as they scored 5 runs in the 8th inning to take a 5-4 win over the West Virginia Power… The win evened their season record at 7-7…The Drive now start a 5 game road trip as they travel to Lexington, KY to take on the Legends.
Local Sports Schedule:
- V Softball host Chapman 6:00 Senior Night – Broadcast on Sport Radio 1410 WPCC
- Tennis at Chapman 4:30
- Golf host Abbeville 4:00
- V. Baseball at Chapman 6:00
- JV baseball host Laurens 5:00
- Tennis at Hillcrest 4:30
- Track host Gaffney 5:00
- Baseball host Southside Christian 4:30
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will be broadcasting CHS softball tonight as the Lady Red Devils host Chapman at 6:00… Join Buddy & Jimmy shortly before 6:00 as they bring you all the action on Senior Night.
- WLBG: Our next game broadcast from Laurens High School will be a baseball game Friday, April 19th when the Raiders take on the Wildcats of Woodmont… Join me a few minutes before 7:00 PM live from Ed Prescott Field for the varsity action.… Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com
FYI / Community Interest:
- Clinton YMCA Softball Day at CHS… On Saturday April 20th the CHS varsity softball team will be hosting Clover in a doubleheader at noon and 2pm… All girls that play softball at the YMCA will be allowed to get in the softball games on April 20th for free. Each YMCA player will be allowed to line up with the Varsity softball players prior to the game and run onto the field with the Varsity players. YMCA players must wear their jersey in order to get into the game for free. When you arrive at the field, all YMCA players are to come into the first base dugout.
- Donations Needed: If you have any good used exercise bikes or elliptical machines they have a need for them at LDHS.. They also can olympic weights and dumbbells for the weight room. If anybody in the community has any of these items that are “collecting dust” and in your way and would be willing to donate them, they can use them. They will of course come out and pick them up. If you have any of these items contact call LDHS at 682-3151 and tell them what you have and they will pass the message on to Adam Howell, strength & conditioning coach.
- Coupon Book For Sale… As you may or may not know, the athletic budget at the local high schools provided by the district often does not cover all the items needed to run an athletic team and coaches often have to look for other sources of income to make ends meet. The LDHS football program is no exception to that dilemma… This coming year they must replace or refurbish all helmets due to the 10 year rule, new uniforms are needed and the coach’s sideline communication system used to confer with the assistant coaches in or around the press box must be replaced… All this takes money not in the normal budget… To help pay for these the football team is selling a coupon book for $20 that has over 50 coupons to various local businesses.. One coupon in the book offers a free oil change and tire rotation from a local dealership that is alone worth well over $20… Coach Lawson will have these at all the home athletic events this spring and you can also get one by calling his office # 683-3360 and leaving a message… They also have them in them available in the main office at LDHS… If you get the chance, purchase one, I did.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.