Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 6-6-2013
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Thursday and it’s brought to you by the Laurens County Speedway… Let’s take a look at the results from last Saturday night’s main event racing:
- Limited… Kenny Collins happens to drive a car with the #1 on it and that is where he finished when the checkered flag came down… Billy Rushton tried to catch him but could not finishing 2nd and Dale Timms 3rd.
- Hobby… Dan Lawson took the win here with Tim Tollison and Bobby Tucker finishing 2nd & 3rd respectively.
- Crates… From the start this was a race between Terry Bullard who had the early lead and Mac Owens who challenged him each lap… Late in the race, Owens was able to pass Bullard for the win and Nick Dietz was 3rd.
- Stock 4… This was also basically a 2 driver race with Stacy Brock apparently taking a narrow victory over J.R. Baker… The reason I say apparently is that Baker filed a protest over the tires used by Brock… No word yet on how the protest came out… By the way, Brian Nelson came in 3rd.
- Front Wheel Drive… More controversy here… Megan Templeton apparently won o the track but her car was protested and she decided to forfeit the race rather than give the car up for inspection… That gave Roger Wright the victory. Dustin Sloan and Travis Jamieson finished 2nd & 3rd.
- NOTES: The racing starts at 8:00 pm each Saturday night with gates opening at 6:00 pm….
- 32nd Annual Shrine Race will be held this coming Tuesday at the LCS… This is a huge charity event to help raise money for the Greenville Shriners Hospital for Children… Again race time is 8:00 with gates opening at 6:00… Make plans to come out and support the Shriners at the LCS where they do dirt right.
Braves 5 – Pirates 0… The Braves completed the sweep of the Pirates with a 5-0 win in Atlanta yesterday afternoon… Braves pitcher Julio Teheran came within 4 outs of pitching a no-hitter while striking out a career high 11 batters… Evan Gattis and Gerald Laird had back-to-back solo homers in the 6th inning for the Braves… The Braves now start a 7 day road trip with the first stop being in Los Angeles for a 4 game series with the Dodgers starting tonight at 10:10 EDST.
Greenville Drive: The Greenville Drive had their game down on the coast with the Charleston RiverDogs suspended due to rain last night… They will pick that game back up today and play the regularly scheduled game also.
- Jimmy Johnson finally got back to the winner’s circle last weekend up in Dover in the Sprint Cup race… Juan Pablo Montoya, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch & Brad Keselowski rounded out the top 5… However it is worth noting that Keselowski was later penalized 6 points because his car failed a post-race inspection… It was too low…
- Johnson continues to lead in the Sprint Cup driver’s standings… Carl Edwards is 2nd, Clint Boyer moves up to 3rd, Matt Kenseth drops from 3rd to 4th and Kevin Harvick moves up to 5th.
- The Sprint Cup race this weekend will be up in Pocono and start at 1:00 pm on Sunday and can be seen on Fox…. The Nationwide Series will visit the Iowa Speedway on Saturday at 8:00 pm.
NBA… For you fans of the NBA (Not really Basketball Association), they are down to the final 2 teams and the best of 7 series is scheduled to begin tonight as the san Antonio Spurs take on the Miami Heat down in Miami tonight.. Tipoff is scheduled for just after 9:00 pm and will be on ABC.
This & That:
- Dixie Youth Baseball Broadcast: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be brining you Dixie Youth Baseball this afternoon weather permitting as the Exchange Club takes on Stroble Mini Storage… First pitch is scheduled for 6 pm and we will go live a few minutes before that.
- Girls Basketball Camp and Volleyball Camp at the Clinton YMCA… Clinton High School Coach Joe Webb will be conducting a girl’s basketball camp at the Clinton YMCA for girls 6-12 June 10th – 13th… On those same dates Coach Cindy Kink will be conducting a girl’s volleyball camp for girls of all ages… Information about times and costs are can be found in a posting in Featured Sports section at wlbg.com … Registration deadline is Friday June 7th at 5:00 pm for both of these camps so don’t delay… For more information contact the Clinton YMCA at 864-833-1555.
- Clinton YMCA Sports Camps and Swimming Lessons… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps and swimming lesson schedules at wlbg.com.
- Laurens YMCA Tennis and Golf Camps… The Laurens YMCA will be holding a tennis camp for ages 6-14 June 10-12.. They will be divided according to experience… Also June 11-13 there will be a golf camp at lakeside Country Club… The camp is for youth ages 7-15… The deadline to register for both these camps is June 9… For more information see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com or call the Y at 984-2621
- Laurens YMCA Sports and Arts Camps… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps schedules at wlbg.com.
And finally, its only 85 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.