- B&W Fence 11 – Exchange Club 4… The Laurens Dixie Boys 15U had a 1 game playoff for the league championship last night and when the last out was registered, B&W Fence had taken an 11-4 win over the Exchange Club… B&W put 3 runs on the board in the 1st inning and 4 in the 2nd and never looked back as their pitching held the E.C to just 4 hits… Ryan Cain had a 3-run homer for B&W and Hunter worth picked up the win for the victors… Click on the following for the box score and game statistics: 2013-6-11_Exch-Club__B-W_Fence Click on the following for the game scorecard: 2013-6-11_Exch-Club__B-W-Fence-Scorecard Congratulations to both teams for a fine season!
- North Carolina 5 – South Carolina 4… For the first time in 4 years some die-hard Gamecocks fans will not be vacationing in Omaha because the Tar Heels took a 5-4 win in game 3 of the North Carolina Super Regional to claim the last in the CWS starting this weekend… Just like the first game of the series on Saturday the game went back and forth with errors hurting both teams but more so for the Gamecocks… The Gamecocks led 4-2 going into the bottom of the 6th when N.C. put 3 runs on the board with the eventual winning run coming home on a bases loaded walk…. The Gamecocks finish the season 43-20 in Chad Holbrook’s first season at the helm…. Click on the following for more game details: 2013 NC Super Regional Game 3 Details… I’ll run down the teams and brackets for the CWS on Friday
- Padres 3 – Braves 2…. The Braves continued their road trip with game 2of a 3 game series with San Diego yesterday as they lost to the Padres 3-2… The Padres scored single runs in each of the 1st 3 innings then held on to take the win… The Braves close out the current road trip with an afternoon game in San Diego.
Greenville Drive: The Drive hosted the Charleston Riverdogs in a double header yesterday where each game went only 7 innings…
- Drive 6 – RiverDogs 3… The Drive went up 5-1 in the bottom of the 4th and then held on for a 6-3 win over Charleston.
- RiverDogs 8 – Greenville 4… In the 2d game, the RiverDogs turned the table taking an 8-4 win over the Drive… The Drive managed to get on the board late in the game but just could not muster the hits to come back…. The Drive will finish the current series with the RiverDogs tonight at Flour Field.
- Spurs 113 – Heat 77… In game 3 of the NBA finals, The Spurs cooled off the Miami Heat as they took a 113-77 win over the Heat in San Antonio last night… The Spurs made 16 3-point goals and were able to pick up 19 offensive rebounds to go along with Danny Green’s 27 points to key the win… The Spurs now lead the best of 7 series 2-1 and the 2 teams will jump it up again on Thursday in San Antonio.
- Tennis & Golf Camps at the Clinton YMCA… Clinton High School Coach Clovis Simmons will be conducting a tennis camp at the Clinton YMCA for youth 4 and up on different times June 17th – 20th… Information about times for the different age groups and costs are can be found in a posting in Featured Sports section at wlbg.com … Meanwhile Paul Young will lead a golf camp June 18-20 for youth ages 7-15… Registration deadline is Friday June 14th at 5:00 pm for both of these camps so don’t delay… For more information contact the Clinton YMCA at 864-833-1555.
- Clinton YMCA Sports Camps and Swimming Lessons… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps and swimming lesson schedules at wlbg.com.
- Laurens YMCA Pee Wee Sports and Football Camps… The Laurens YMCA will be holding a Pee Wee Sports camp for ages 3-6 June 18-20.. They will be stressing basic skills in flag football, tee ball, soccer and basketball… Also on those dates Coach Jason Schumpert of LDHS will have a football camp… The deadline to register for both these camps is June 16… For more information see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com or call the Y at 984-2621
- Laurens YMCA Sports and Arts Camps… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps schedules at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.