Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 6-13-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Thursday and it’s brought to you by Laurens County Speedway… Let’s take a look at the results from last Saturday night’s main event racing:
- Limited… Deano Long started in the 2nd row but that is not what counts and that is the finish where he came in first… Matt Dillon and Billy Rushton finished 2nd & 3rd respectively.
- Hobby… Chris Patterson led from the green flag to the checkered flag… Mart Patterson and Dan Lawson were the next two across the finish line some distance in back of Chris.
- Super Stock 4… J.R. Baker and Joe Gibson battled the entire race but Baker held him off in the last lap to take the win… Tim Collins finished 3rd.
- Crates… The Crates main event featured another driver who led start to finish and that was Mac Owens… Nick Dietz and Terry Bullard were the next two drivers to cross the finish line.
- Front Wheel Drive… Seems it was a night where most of the races were pretty much dominated by one driver and in the front wheel drive that driver was Shane Roberts who finished with a large lead… Roger Wright and Dustin Sloan took the nest two positions in that order.
- NOTES: The racing starts at 8:00 pm each Saturday night with gates opening at 6:00 pm…. Make plans to come out to the LCS where they do dirt right.
- Game 4 of the NBA finals is tonight in San Antonio and the Spurs lead the Heat 2 game to 1 in the best of 7 series.
- In game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals last night in Chicago, the Blackhawks rallied from a 3-1 deficit to the Boston Bruins to tie the game and send it into overtime… The Blackhawks finally won it with 7:42 left in the 3rd overtime on a goal by Milan Lucic … Game 2 in Chicago will be at 8:00 on Saturday and can be seen on NBC.
- Padres 5 – Braves 2… The Braves played their final game of a 3 game series with the San Diego Padres out on the west coast yesterday and the Padres had the broom out as the defeated the Braves 5-3 to sweep the series… The Padres scored 3 in the 1st inning and then held on to take the win…. Justin Upton did have a solo homer for the Braves… The Braves did not fare well on this road trip to the west coast as they won only 2 of 7 games…The Braves will return home tomorrow night to start a series with the San Francisco Giants at Turner Field.
- Charleston 10 – Greenville 5… The Greenville Drive finished their current home stand last night with a 10-5 loss to the Charleston RiverDogs… Greenville led 5-4 going into the 7th inning when Chen Charleston scored 3 in the 7th and 3 more in the 8th to take the win…. They will be on the road tonight to start a 4 game road trip and all 4 games will be down in Savannah.
NASCAR: Looking at NASCAR results from last weekend:
- Sprint Cup Results… Jimmie Johnson led 128 of the 160 laps last Sunday up at Pocono… Gregg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman rounded out the top 5.
- Sprint Cup Standings… Jimmie Johnson continues to lead in the Sprint Cup standings with 521 points…. Carl Edwards is in 2nd with 470 points and Clint Boyer 3rd with 452 points…. Dale Earnhardt Jr. moves up 2 places to 4th and Kevin Harvick remains in 5th.
- Nationwide Results… Last week was a memorable one for Trevor Bayne… On Tuesday he got married and for their honeymoon they traveled to rainy Iowa for the race on Saturday where Trevor finished 1st in the Nationwide Race… Bayne took the lead with 11 laps to go from Austin Dillon who finished 2nd… Elliott Sadler, Sam Hornish Jr. and Kyle Larson rounded out the top 5.
- Nationwide Standings…. Regan Smith is on top with 448 points, Sam Hornish Jr. is 2nd, Justin Algaier is 3rd, Austin Dillon 4th and Elliot Sadler 5th.
- This Weekend’s Schedule… The Sprint Cup crowd will be up at the Michigan International Speedway for the Quicken 400… Green flag is scheduled to drop at 2:00 pm and will be televised on TNT… The Nationwide Series will race on Saturday at 2:00 pm also at Michigan and can be seen on ABC.
- Tennis & Golf Camps at the Clinton YMCA… Clinton High School Coach Clovis Simmons will be conducting a tennis camp at the Clinton YMCA for youth 4 and up on different times June 17th – 20th… Information about times for the different age groups and costs are can be found in a posting in Featured Sports section at wlbg.com … Meanwhile Paul Young will lead a golf camp June 18-20 for youth ages 7-15… Registration deadline is Friday June 14th at 5:00 pm for both of these camps so don’t delay… For more information contact the Clinton YMCA at 864-833-1555.
- Clinton YMCA Sports Camps and Swimming Lessons… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps and swimming lesson schedules at wlbg.com.
- Laurens YMCA Pee Wee Sports and Football Camps… The Laurens YMCA will be holding a Pee Wee Sports camp for ages 3-6 June 18-20.. They will be stressing basic skills in flag football, tee ball, soccer and basketball… Also on those dates Coach Jason Schumpert of LDHS will have a football camp… The deadline to register for both these camps is June 16… For more information see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com or call the Y at 984-2621
- Laurens YMCA Sports and Arts Camps… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps schedules at wlbg.com.
And finally, its only 78 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.