Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 6-21-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Friday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… PC Head Women’s Basketball Coach Ronnie Fisher and staff will be conducting the Premier Girls basketball camp for girls 7-17 on June 26th – 29th… This is an excellent way for your daughter of granddaughter to improve all aspects of their game… Click on the following link for more information about this camp: PC Premier Girls Basketball Camp Information.
College Baseball Notes:
- North Carolina 7 – NC State 0… In a game between 2 rivals, the NC Tar Heels took a 7-0 win over the NC State Wolfpack… The Heels broke open a 2-0 game with 4 runs in the 8th and another in the 9th while limiting the pack to just 5 hits on the night… Hob Johnson pitched 8⅓ innings striking out 6 while walking 2… The schedule for today has undefeated Mississippi St. taking on Oregon St. at 3:00 pm and undefeated UCLA taking on North Carolina at 8:00 pm… If one of the undefeated teams loses, the “if needed game” will be on Saturday… The winners of each bracket will advance to final best of 3 series starting Monday night.
- Mets 4 – Braves 3… The Braves and the Mets finished their 5 game series in Atlanta last night and the Mets took a 4-3 win over the Braves… The Braves had a 3-1 lead going into the 4th inning but the Mets picked up single runs in the 4th, 5th and 7th inning to take the win… The Mets played long ball last night as they had 3 homeruns 2 of which were to the Mets David Wright… Mike Minor gave up all 4 runs getting the loss… Gerald Laird led the Braves going 3 for 4 at the plate with Tyler Pastornicky going 3 for 5… This was the first home series loss for the Braves this season who have the best home record in MLB… The Braves now start a 5 game week long road trip with the first stop tonight in Milwaukee to take on the Brewers.
- Suns 14 – Drive 1… The Greenville drive were back in action last night after the SAL All-Star Game and the Drive started the 2nd half of the season with a 14-1 loss to the Hagerstown Suns up at Flour Field… The Suns scored 7 runs in the 4th inning to go up 8-1 and never looked back… The teams will continue their series this weekend at Flour Field.
- Miami 95 – San Antonio 88… In game 7 of the NBA finals last night in South Florida, the Miami Heat made it back-to-back championships as they defeated the San Antonio Spurs 95-88… LeBron James led the Heat scoring 37 points and 12 rebounds in route to his becoming the series MVP for the 2nd year in a row… He is only the 3rd player in NBA history to win back-to-back MVP awards with Michael Jordan and Bill Russell (for whom the award is named) being the other two players… The Heat became the NBA’s first repeat champions since the Lakers in 2009-10, and the first team to beat the Spurs in the NBA Finals.
- Schedule: On Saturday the Nationwide Series will be in Elkhart, WI running a road course race… On Sunday the Sprint Cup gang will be out in Sonoma.
- Free Swimming Lessons at the Laurens YMCA:…These lessons are for parents and children that are both looking to learn to swim together! We will have an adult class and a child class going on at the same time, so that both the parent and the child can learn how to swim! You must register one adult per child. Come out for four free swim lessons that are 30 minutes each….Limited space available. Sign up early to reserve your spot… Maximum capacity is 6 children and 6 adults per age group… Dates: June 24th, 25th, 26st, and 27th … Click on the following for more information and registration form: Laurens Y Free Parent-Child Swim Lessons Information
- Baseball and Soccer Camps at the Clinton YMCA… Clinton High School Coach Lee Atkinson will be conducting a baseball camp at the Clinton YMCA for boys 6-12 from 9:00 – 11:00 am June 24th – 28th… Meanwhile CHS Coach Sean Vick will lead a soccer camp June 24th - 28th for youth ages 6-12… Registration deadline is Friday June 21st at 5:00 pm for both of these camps so don’t delay… For more information contact the Clinton YMCA at 864-833-1555 or see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com.
- Clinton YMCA Sports Camps and Swimming Lessons… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps and swimming lesson schedules at wlbg.com.
- Laurens YMCA Baseball Camp… The Laurens YMCA will be holding a baseball camp for youth ages 7-14 June 25-27.. This camp will be conducted by former LDHS Coach Ed Prescott and will be held at Collyar Park … The deadline to register for is June 23rd… For more information see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com or call the Y at 984-2621… There will also be a cosmetology camp June 25-28th… It will be conducted by Leigh Ann Simpson stylist for Miss SC Contestants and at Wimberly West in Laurens… It is open to youth 7-14 and has a maximum capacity of 20 participants… Again call the Y or see the posting at wlbg.com for more information.
- Laurens YMCA Sports and Arts Camps… Also, be sure to check the Featured Sports section at for a list of all sports camps schedules at wlbg.com.
And finally, its only 70 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.