Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 7-22-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for a Monday and it’s brought to you by the City of Laurens PRD where they want me to remind you that tomorrow is the last day to register for youth tackle football… You need to get them registered because Thursday there will be a mandatory FREE football camp with the LDHS coaching staff… It’s getting closer to football season folks!
Braves: well the Braves got back in action after the all-star break and they started up in Chicago with a 3 game series with the White Sox:
- Friday: Braves 6 – White Sox 4… Brian McCann fouled off 6 pitches and had a 3-2 count in the 6th inning when he betted a 3 run homer (his 13th HR) breaking a 2-2 tie as the Braves went on to take a 6-4 win over the White Sox… Andrelton Simons had a 2-run homer (his 9th HR) in the 3rd inning to help the Braves… Tim Hudson picked up the win evening his record at 7-7
- Saturday: White Sox 10 – Braves 6… The Braves had a 4-0 lead going into the bottom of the 3rd inning but Chicago struck for 5 runs in the inning and added 4 more in the 4th as they took a 10-6 win over the Braves… The big blow in the 3rd inning was a grand slam home run by Chicago’s Alexis Rios the 3rd of his career…. Braves starting pitcher Paul Maholm left the game in the 4th inning with a sprained left wrist but he said that was not to blame for his performance…. Dan Uggla and Freddie Freeman both had 2-run homers for the Braves.
- Sunday: White Sox 3 – Braves 1… In the final game of the 3 game series, the Sox took a 3-1 win over the Braves… The Braves outhit the Sox 9-5 but just could not get the key hits when needed… Bottom line, they left twice as many runners on base as the Sox…The Braves now travel to New York to start a 4 game series with the Mets.
- Friday: Drive 6 – Tourist 0… The Drive finished their current series with the Ashville Tourist with a 6-0 win giving them a sweep of the 3 game series… The Drive used a 4 run 5th inning to break the game open.
- Saturday: Legends 4 – Drive 1… On Saturday, the Drive started a 4 game series with the Lexington Legends at Flour Field… In the first game of the series, the Legends took a 4-1 win over the Drive… Lexington held the Drive to just 3 hits in the game while they collected 8 hits and the Drive had a couple of errors thrown in to boot.
- Sunday: Legends 2 – Drive 0… On Sunday the Drive had 6 hits to the Legends 3 but unfortunately they could not produce any runs with those 6 hits while the Legends got 2 runs taking a 2-0 win over the Drive… The Legends scored 2 runs in the 8th inning off a solo homer, a hit batter and a double… Greenville had runners on at least 1st & 2nd twice with no more than 1 out and could just not breakthrough… The 2 teams will continue their series tonight at Flour Field.
This & That:
- Clinton Season Football Tickets: 2013 season football tickets will go on sale July 22nd at CHS… For more information as to cost, hours, senior tickets, parking passes and home football schedule, Click on the following link: 2013 CHS Season Football Ticket Information
- And finally, its only 44 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
- Karate Camp… Master Johnny Kelly will be conducting a karate camp for the Clinton YMCA for youth 8 and up on different times August 12 – 15… More information about the camp such as times and cost can be found in a posting in Featured Sports section at wlbg.com … Registration deadline is Friday August 9th at 5:00 pm for both of these camps so don’t delay… For more information contact the Clinton YMCA at 864-833-1555.
- Pee-Wee and Cooking Camps… The Laurens YMCA will be holding pee-wee and cooking camps July 30th to August 1st… The pee-wee camp is for youth ages 3-6 and the cooking camp will be for youth 9-16… The deadline to register for these camps is July 28th … For more information see the posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com or call the Y at 984-2621.
City of Laurens Parks & Recreation:
- Tennis Camp…. Laurens City PRD will be having a tennis camp for youth ages 5-18 August 5th – 8th from 1 – 4 pm… Former College and Pro Player will be the instructor… For more information, see the City of Laurens Summer Camp and Fall Sports posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com.
- Youth Tackle Football… Registration is now open until July 23rd for youth tackle football with the City of Laurens Parks and Recreation… It is open to youth 7 – 12 years of age… You can register at the Little River Park Office 3-7 weekdays….For more information; see the City of Laurens Summer Camp and Fall Sports posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com.
- Youth Cheerleading… Registration is now open until July 31st for youth cheerleading… It is open to girls ages 5-12… You can register at the Little River Park Office during normal business hours… For more information; see the City of Laurens Summer Camp and Fall Sports posting in the Featured Sports section at wlbg.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.