Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 8-28-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Wednesday and it’s brought to you by Carolina Floor Covering – located in Laurens on Fleming Street in the old Garlington Street School… They’re not just a carpet store…….If it goes on a floor they have it available and at great prices… If you’re a do it yourself kinda guy…….great….you can get everything you need INCLUDING free advice at Carolina Floor Covering… Call 984-7335 for all your floor covering needs.
- Braves 2 – Indians 0… The Braves returned home last night and started a series with the Cleveland Indians on a positive note as they took a 2-0 win over the Tribe… Atlanta scored the only 2 runs of the game in the 2nd inning when Elliot Johnson tripled driving in both runs… Alex Wood picked up the win and Craig Kimbrel notched his 42nd save of the season.
- Charleston 8 – Greenville 1… The Greenville Drive continue to have problems as last night at Fluor Field the Charleston RiverDogs took an 8-1 win… The Dogs scored 5 runs in the top of the 1st and the Drive just could not dig themselves out of that hole… The Drive will finish the series with RiverDogs tonight in what will be their last home game of the season.
- Kurt Busch to join S-H racing Team… Kurt Busch will be joining the Stewart-Hass racing Team for the 2014 season… The 2004 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion will join owner / driver Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick and Kevin Harvick on the 4-car team.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV FB at Chapin 5:30
- JV/V Volleyball host Greenwood (Scrimmage) 5:30
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Gaffney as the Red Devils will be taking on the Indians… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Gaffney game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… he will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… we will then go live to the stadium at BHP for all the action as the Raiders take on the Bears… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to BHP on Friday night… The cost will be $6.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet for the first time on Friday August 30th at noon at the Lakeside Country Club… The local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC are scheduled to speak at that time about the upcoming football season… The Club will meet on September 13th and 27th, October 11th, and 25th, November 8th and 22nd and have the Annual Banquet on December 4th where former Clemson Football Coach Danny Ford will be the speaker…. For a complete list of speakers and information on how to join, click on the following link: Laurens County 2013 Touchdown Club Information
- Laurens High Century Club…. The Laurens Dist. 55 High School Athletic Club is now selling Century Club memberships… For only $150 you get a reserved parking spot at KC Hannah & 2 passes for all home regular season athletic events… This year there is also something new: Touchdown Tailgate Zone…. For $250 you get 2 reserved parking spaces next to tailgating spaces and 2 home regular season home passes… There are a very limited number of these spaces available and they are sold on a first come first serve basis……. For more information or to order, contact Jim Iacuone… Office: 681-3630, Cell 871-4395 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Club Reminder… Also a friendly reminder that all Laurens Athletic Booster Club members who have obtained the Bi-Lo Laurens High Athletic Booster Plus Card need to have them re-scanned this season as soon as possible… Just present the card along with your Bi-Lo Bonus Card the next time you shop at Bi-Lo and Bi-Lo will donate 1% of your purchase to the Booster Club…. This is NOT added to you bill but is donated by Bi-Lo from the amount you already paid… Scan it now and it will be good until June 30th of next year… If you don’t have one, I encourage you to stop by the booster club area at the home games and get one… Every little bit helps all the sports at Laurens High.
- Clinton Season Football Tickets: 2013 season football tickets will go on sale July 22nd at CHS… For more information as to cost, hours, senior tickets, parking passes and home football schedule, Click on the following link: 2013 CHS Season Football Ticket Information
- And finally, its only 2 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Fall Soccer… Fall soccer registration is now open for youth 3-15 at the Laurens YMCA… Practice will begin Sept. 1st with games starting Sept. 9th… Registration will end on August 26th… For more information call the Y at 984-26-21 or see a posting in the Between the Lines section at wlbg.com
- Self Defense Academy… The Laurens YMCA is now registering participants for a Korean Martial Arts / Self Defense Academy which will start September 9th… It is open to individuals ages 6 and up. You must register by September 6th… See the posting in the Between the Lines section at wlbg.com or click on the following link for more information: Self Defense Academy Information
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.