Real Radio 860 WLBG / Sports Radio 1410 WPCC Sports Report: 9-10-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Tuesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… The Blue Hose picked up its first win of the season in their home opener as they defeated the Brevard Tornados 42-24 at Bailey Memorial Stadium… PC trailed 14-7 at the end of the 1st quarter but outscored the Tornados 35-10 the rest of the way to take the win… For more about PC’s win as well as complete stats, see the posting on GoBlueHose.com or click on the following link: Brevard at PC 9-7-2013 Story
- Volleyball… The Lady Red Devils hosted the Lady Rebels of Mid-Carolina last night in volleyball action and the Lady Rebels took a 3-0 win over the Lady Devils… Mid-Carolina took the first set 25-11, and the second 25-13… Clinton made the third set close but still lost 25-27.
- Girls Tennis… Doing a little catching up with CHS Girls Tennis from last Wednesday, the Lady Cavaliers of Dorman defeated the Lady Red Devils 6-1 in the Lady Devils first match of the season… The doubles team composed of Mason-Paige Gambrell and Gracie Waldron had the lone win for the Red Devils
- Braves 5 – Marlins 2… After suffering 3 one-run loses in Philadelphia over the weekend the Braves picked up a 5-2 win over the Marlins in Miami last night. The Braves scored all 5 of their runs in the 4th inning as Justin Upton, Freddie Freeman and Evan Gattis started the inning with 3 consecutive doubles… The teams continue their series tonight in Miami.
- FBS AP Rankings… The latest AP FBS rankings came out late on Sunday and the top 2 teams remain unchanged… Alabama and Oregon retain their first and second place rankings respectively… Clemson moves up to third with Ohio State and Stanford rounding out the top 5… Positions 6 -10 are occupied by Texas A&M, Louisville, LSU, Georgia and Florida State… The Gamecocks of South Carolina dropped to 13th after their loss to Georgia this past Saturday.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV/V Volleyball at Newberry 5:00/6:30
- CC host Abbeville 5:00
- Girls Tennis host Woodmont 5:00
- Volleyball host TL Hannah 6:30
Middle School Football: The 4 Laurens County Middle School football teams will have their annual jamboree tonight at KC Hannah Stadium… The schedule for tonight is:
- Laurens vs. Sanders 5:00
- Hickory Tavern vs. Gray Court-Owens 5:45
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from KC Hannah Stadium in Laurens as the Red Devils will be taking on their cross county rival the Laurens Raiders for the County Championship… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Laurens game.
- WLBG: Be sure to join Coach Greg Lawson and Mike Hughes at the House of Pizza tonight for the Coach Greg Lawson Show… The show will start at 7:30 and run until about 8:30… Join them as they talk about the last week’s game and the upcoming game as well as other topics.… The House of Pizza will have a couple of specials and one of them is 55₵ wings.… Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com.
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club next meeting will be Friday September 13th at noon at the Lakeside Country Club… The local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC are scheduled to speak at that time about games from the past 2 weeks and preview the contest that night… The featured speaker will be Robbie Caldwell an assistant coach at Clemson…. For a complete list of speakers and information on how to join, click on the following link: Laurens County 2013 Touchdown Club Information… Videos of the last meeting are now available at the WLBG website… Click on the following link to see them: LCTD Club videos, 8-30-13
- Laurens High Century Club…. The Laurens Dist. 55 High School Athletic Club is now selling Century Club memberships… For only $150 you get a reserved parking spot at KC Hannah & 2 passes for all home regular season athletic events… This year there is also something new: Touchdown Tailgate Zone…. For $250 you get 2 reserved parking spaces next to tailgating spaces and 2 home regular season home passes… There are a very limited number of these spaces available and they are sold on a first come first serve basis……. For more information or to order, contact Jim Iacuone… Office: 681-3630, Cell 871-4395 or email him at email@example.com
- Booster Club Reminder… Also a friendly reminder that all Laurens Athletic Booster Club members who have obtained the Bi-Lo Laurens High Athletic Booster Plus Card need to have them re-scanned this season as soon as possible… Just present the card along with your Bi-Lo Bonus Card the next time you shop at Bi-Lo and Bi-Lo will donate 1% of your purchase to the Booster Club…. This is NOT added to you bill but is donated by Bi-Lo from the amount you already paid… Scan it now and it will be good until June 30th of next year… If you don’t have one, I encourage you to stop by the booster club area at the home games and get one… Every little bit helps all the sports at Laurens High.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555 Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.