Real Radio 860 WLBG / Sports Radio 1410 WPCC Sports Report: 9-12-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Thursday and its brought to you the Laurens County Speedway…. So let’s go back and review the results from the main events last Saturday night.
- Hobby…. Chris Patterson took his second straight win in the Hobby Division keeping his hopes alive for taking the title from current leader Dan Lawson… Dusty Eaves finished 2nd and Bobby Tucker 3rd.
- Front-Wheel Drive… Tony Hill took the checkered flag in the FWD… The race was shortened due to crashed and a time limit… Chris Hill and Megan Templeton rounded out the top 3.
- Limited… The Limited main event had no cautions and Mac Owens finished first in it… The next two across the finish line were Deano Long and Mike Measamer.
- Super Stock 4… In the SS4, Scott Nelson got to the head of the pack early and then went on to take a relatively easy win… Tim Collins and Brian Nelson were 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Crate… Furman Parton pulled away from the rest of the cars after the third restart to take the win in the Crates main event… Terry Bullard finished 2nd and Tony Quarles 3rd.
- Remember that the gates open at 6:00 each Saturday night with racing starting at 8:00 at the LCS where they do dirt right!
CHS: The JV and Varsity Volleyball teams hosted the Lady Wildcats of Ninety Six last night.
- JV… In JV action, the Lady Red Devils fell in 2 sets 22-25 and 20-25.
- Varsity…. In varsity action, the Lady Devils got off to a good start as they took a 25-16 win in first set action… However, the Lady Wildcats rallied and took the next two sets by identical scores of 25-12 in both sets… The Lady Red Devils will be back in action Monday as they travel to Laurens to take on the Lady Raiders.
- Volleyball… Catching up on volleyball action at LDHS on Tuesday night, the Lady Raiders hosted TL Hannah…. The Lady Yellow Jackets picked up the match win as they took all 3 sets by scores of 25-11, 25-18 and 22-5… The Raiders kept it close in portions of the first two sets before Hannah pulled away to take the win…. The Lady Raiders will be back in action today as they travel to JL Mann.
- Miami 5 – Braves 2… The Miami Marlins broke their losing streak to the Braves last night as they took a 5-2 win over the Bravos in Miami… Evan Gattis picked up his 19th homer of the season a solo shot in the 6th inning… The Braves finish the current series in Miami with a 12:40 pm game today.
Local Sports Schedule:
- White FB host Westview 5:00
- Red at Northside 5:00
- JV FB host Laurens 6:30
- Girls Tennis @ Easley 5:00
- Volleyball @ JL Mann 6:30
- JV Football at Clinton 6:30
- 9/12 Varsity Volleyball host Mead Hall 5:00
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from KC Hannah Stadium in Laurens as the Red Devils will be taking on their cross county rival the Laurens Raiders for the County Championship… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Laurens game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to the stadium at LDHS for all the action as the Raiders take on the Clinton Red Devils for the County Championship… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club next meeting will be Friday September 13th at noon at the Lakeside Country Club… The local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC are scheduled to speak at that time about games from the past 2 weeks and preview the contest that night… The featured speaker will be Robbie Caldwell an assistant coach at Clemson…. For a complete list of speakers and information on how to join, click on the following link: Laurens County 2013 Touchdown Club Information… Videos of the last meeting are now available at the WLBG website… Click on the following link to see them: LCTD Club videos, 8-30-13
- Laurens High Century Club…. The Laurens Dist. 55 High School Athletic Club is now selling Century Club memberships… For only $150 you get a reserved parking spot at KC Hannah & 2 passes for all home regular season athletic events… This year there is also something new: Touchdown Tailgate Zone…. For $250 you get 2 reserved parking spaces next to tailgating spaces and 2 home regular season home passes… There are a very limited number of these spaces available and they are sold on a first come first serve basis……. For more information or to order, contact Jim Iacuone… Office: 681-3630, Cell 871-4395 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booster Club Reminder… Also a friendly reminder that all Laurens Athletic Booster Club members who have obtained the Bi-Lo Laurens High Athletic Booster Plus Card need to have them re-scanned this season as soon as possible… Just present the card along with your Bi-Lo Bonus Card the next time you shop at Bi-Lo and Bi-Lo will donate 1% of your purchase to the Booster Club…. This is NOT added to you bill but is donated by Bi-Lo from the amount you already paid… Scan it now and it will be good until June 30th of next year… If you don’t have one, I encourage you to stop by the booster club area at the home games and get one… Every little bit helps all the sports at Laurens High.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555…Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.