CHS & LDHS:
- Laurens 19 – Clinton 0… The Clinton Red Devils and the Laurens Raiders met at KC Hannah Stadium last Friday night for the “Laurens County Championship” and the Raiders took a 19-0 win over the Red Devils thanks in part to the Raider Defense… Laurens held the potent Red Devil rushing attack to a net 227 yards on the night and a total offense of just 280 yard… In a “bend but don’t break” night, the Raider defense held Clinton to just 1 of 14 third down conversions, 0-6 fourth down conversions and 0-4 in Red Zone scoring… The Raiders on the other hand had 370 net yards 247 of them rushing… Laurens first score came in the 2nd quarter when Chris McDowell capped an 8 play 55 yard drive with a 6 yard TD run… The kick failed making the score 6-0 with 2:09 left in the half… Laurens scored again with 6:02 left in the third period when Devon Woodruff picked up the first of two TDs on the night with a 5 yard run ending a 76 yard drive… A 2-point PAT attempt filed making it 12-0… Woodruff picked up his 2nd score on a 56 yard run with 10:48 left in the game… The kick by Angeles Irvin was good making the final 19-0… The Red Devils never gave up and as mentioned got deep into Laurens territory on several occasions before the Raider defense stiffened… Matthias Williams led the Red Devil rushing attack with 145 net yards on 28 attempts… Devon Woodruff led Laurens with 208 yards rushing on 19 attempts… For complete game statistics, click on the following link: Clinton at Laurens 9-13-13
- Crusaders 36 – Myrtle Beach Christian Academy 30… The Crusaders had a long trip to Myrtle Beach Friday night but the ride back most likely did not seem that long as they took a 36-30 win over MB Christian Academy… The game went back and forth and the Crusaders scored the winning score with 1:25 left in the game… Hope to have more details later.
- Ninety Six 42 – Ware Shoals 21… The Wildcats of Ninety Six jumped out to an early 21 –0 lead over the Hornets of Ware Shoals and even though the Hornets cut the lead to 7 points late in the 3rd quarter they went on to take a 42-21 in Ninety Six.
Braves: The Braves hosted the San Diego Padres in a 3 game series over the weekend.
- Friday: Padres 4 – Braves 3… The Padres scored 2 runs in the 7th and 8th innings to take the win… Justin Upton and Brian McCann both had homers for the Braves
- Saturday: Braves 2 – Padres 1… The Braves evened the series with a 2-1 win over the Padres on Saturday…. Freddie freeman had a solo homer in the game for the Braves
- Sunday: Padres 4 – Brave 0… Yesterday the Padres took the series 2 games to one as they took a 4-0 win over the Braves at the Ted… A pair of homeruns were responsible for all the Padre scoring…The Braves managed only 4 hits in the game… The Braves start a 3-game series in Washington with the Nationals tonight… Their magic number to clinch the NL East Title is 4 games.
Lady Raider Basketball workouts / Tryouts
- Coach Yoneko Allen Washington has announced basketball workouts on Monday, September 16. Any female who will be trying out for the team (JV or Varsity) should come to the workouts… They must have an updated physical to participate… They can begin coming once they have their physical. They should bring a copy of their physical to me… If they do not make the Monday workout they can contact me for a schedule of the all future workouts… For more information please contact Coach Allen Washington at (864) 683-3326 or call the high school (864) 682-3151 and ask for Mrs./Coach Allen Washington…. Click on the following for workout schedule: 2013 Lady Raiders Basketball Workouts Sept-Oct
Local Sports Schedule:
- Girls Tennis @ Christ Church 4:30
- Bell Street Volleyball @ Sanders 5:00
- JV & Varsity Volleyball @ Laurens 5:00
- Golf Lady Raider Invitational @ Lakeside CC 10:00 am
- JV & Varsity Volleyball host Clinton 5:00
- Middle School & varsity Volleyball @ Wardlaw 5:00
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be taking on the nationally ranked Byrnes Rebels … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Byrnes at Clinton game.
- WLBG: Be sure to join Coach Greg Lawson and Mike Hughes at the House of Pizza Tuesday night for the Coach Greg Lawson Show… The show will start at 7:30 and run until about 8:30… Join them as they talk about the last week’s game and the upcoming game as well as other topics.… The House of Pizza will have a couple of specials and one of them is 55₵ wings.… Remember that we do stream all local sporting events live on the internet at WLBG.com.
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club next meeting will be Friday September 27th at noon at the Lakeside Country Club… The local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC are scheduled to speak at that time about games from the past 2 weeks and preview the contest that night… The featured speaker will be Gary Patterson an ACC official…. For a complete list of speakers and information on how to join, click on the following link: Laurens County 2013 Touchdown Club Information.
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555…Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.