- Girls Tennis: CHS 7 – Chester 0… I need to do a little catching up on girls tennis at CHS… On Tuesday the Lady Red Devils hosted the Lady Cyclones of Chester… Good news for Red Devil fans as Clinton took a 7-0 win… Posting wins in singes action were Mason Paige Gambrell, Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughn, Sommer Lawton and Allison Oxner… Gambrell an Waldron teamed up to take a win as the #1 doubles team while the #2 doubles team composed of Elizabeth Jones and Rachel Lloyd also posted a win.
- Girls Golf… Now catching up with Girls Golf at LDHS…. On Tuesday the Lady Raiders were defeated by the Lady Rams of Hillcrest out at Lakeside CC…. The final score was Hillcrest 186 and Laurens 216. The team score for Laurens was the second lowest of the season…. Makayla Rykard led the Raiders with a personal best score of 49…. Sydne Wetmore of Hillcrest was the match medalist with a 45. We travel to Anderson on Thursday to face TL Hanna.
Middle School Athletics
- LMS 20 – BSW 0… Well there was one middle school football game yesterday and in the game, LMS defeated BSW 20-0… The wet field did create some havoc as both teams had fumbles that they both lost and recovered… It also affected the passing game making the ball difficult to grasp… The LMS Tigers got n the board with 3:12 left to play in the first half on a 5 yard run by Carado Ray and Dre Mills added the 2-point PAT to make it 8-0… It was a 55 yard drive in 9 plays…. On their initial possession of the second half, BSW fumbled at their own 25 yard line… Miles Latimore fell on the ball giving Laurens possession at the BSW 25 yard line…. Five plays later Tyresse Moses carried it in from 13 yards out… The PAT failed so Lauren led 14-0 with 3:58 left in the third quarter.. The Wildcats then drove deep into Tiger territory only to have a pass picked off in the endzone for a touchback ending the threat….. On the second play from scrimmage after the turnover, Moses connected with Isaiah Bennett on a 78 yard scoring strike… The 2-point PAT was good making it 20-0 with 8 seconds left in the third period… There were no further scoring threats in the game.
- Schedule for Today: All games start at 5:00
- Belton @ GCO
- Hickory Tavern @ Sanders
- Honea Path @ Bell St. Red
- Brewers 4 – Braves 0…. The Brewers and the Braves finished their 3-game series in Atlanta last night with the Brewers taking a 4-0 win… Kyle Lohse got the 2 hit complete game win as he baffled Braves batters all night long… The Braves and the Cardinals are almost in a dead heat for the best record in the NL and the home field advantage that comes with it… The Braves start their final 4-game series with the Phillies in Atlanta tonight.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Girls Tennis @ Woodruff 4:30
- JV & Varsity Volleyball at Woodruff 5:30
- JV Football host Abbeville 7:00
- Girls Golf vs. TL Hannah @ Cobbs Glen 4:30
- Tennis @ Woodmont: 5:00
- 9th @ Easley 5:30
- JV @ Easley – 7:30
- Varsity Volleyball host Newberry 5:00
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Abbeville as the Red Devils will be taking on the Abbeville Panthers … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Easley Green Wave… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7…. By the way, this week’s game will be featured as Charter’s Game of the Week.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555…Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.