- JV Football: CHS 50 – Abbeville 19… The Clinton JV defeated Abbeville 50-19 last night at Wilder stadium… Tashymen Boyd, Kevious hunter, Zikail Livingston, and Coco Richey all scored touchdowns in the Red Devil victory. Clinton jumped out to 22-13 lead at the half and then on the opening drive of the second half, Tashymen Boyd took the handoff from the Abbeville quarterback and rushed in for a defensive touchdown. Clinton would score three more times and Abbeville score one more time for the final margin. Clinton’s defense improved the second half to keep Abbeville at bay holding them several times on 4th down, once inside the 5 yd line. The offensive line opened some huge holes for the stable of backs and scored every time they had the ball. Clinton improves to 2-3 and will host Broome next week.
- 9th Grade Football: Easley 36 – Laurens 6… The Raider 9th Grade football team traveled to Easley last night and unfortunately came out on the wrong side of a 36-6 score… DQ Floyd had the Raiders lone TD ion a long run in the second quarter.
- JV Football: Laurens 21 – Easley 8… In JV action after the 9th grade game, it was better news as Laurens took a 21-8 win over Easley… The Raiders first score came on a TD pass o about 20 yards from Graydon Hamby to Kiante Boyd with Irvin Angeles adding the PAT… The Raiders found the endzone again in the second quarter on another TD pass this time from Toby Jackson to Kee Whitmore… Angeles again added the PAT… The Raiders scored for the last time in the third quarter again via the air on a TD toss from Hamby to Chris Statom… Angeles remained perfect on the night with his third PAT… Easley was threatening late in the game when Justin Henry had and interception to snuff out the Green Waves last hope.
Middle School Athletics
- Bell Street Red 16 – Honea Path 12… The Bell Street Red team remained perfect in Little River Conference play as they defeated Honea Path 16-12 last night at Wilder Stadium… Tobias Smith had both scores for the Wildcats and 2-point conversions were added by Kris Holmes and Marguise Wise.
- Sanders 40 – Hickory Tavern 14… The Sanders Yellow Jackets jumped out to a 26-0 lead at the end of the first quarter and then went on to a 40-14 win over Hickory Tavern in middle school football last night…. Sanders QB Troy Dendy had a 50 yard TD run and competed 2 TD passes. One was a 43 yard score to Ty Foster and the other was to a 46 yard toss to Justin Anderson….Deon McGowan added 2 rushing TDs for 27 and 6 yards for the Yellow Jackets… Ryan Draper had both scores for the HT Panthers with Jario Cruz adding both extra points.
- GCO 16 – Belton 0… The Tigers of Gray Court-Owings took an 18-0 win over Belton at GCO last night… Josh Adams and Kydale Milton both had TD runs… Adams also had a scoring pass to Josh Greene.
- Braves 7 – Phillies 1… last night the Braves put 5 runs on the board in the bottom of the 1st inning and then went on to take a 7-1 win over the Phillies in Atlanta… Jason Heyward had a leadoff homer for the Braves in the first inning then proceeded to go 5-5 with four extra-base hits… The Braves will finish their regular season this weekend with 3 more games against the Phillies.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity Football at Abbeville 7:30
- Girls Tennis at Hall of Fame Classic in Belton Saturday and Sunday
- Varsity Football host Easley 7:30
- Girls Golf at Lady Panther Classic at Village Greens Saturday
- Middle School Football host Newberry Academy 6:00
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Abbeville as the Red Devils will be taking on the Abbeville Panthers … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Easley Green Wave… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7… By the way, this week’s game will be featured as Charter’s Game of the Week.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555…Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.