- Cross Country… Back on Monday the Clinton Cross Country team hosted Woodruff in an unscheduled meet…. The boys were victorious over Woodruff as they defeated the Wolverines 29-30 (low score wins)…. Chandler Sprouse picked up his first meet win of the season with a time of 18:29… Austin Nobles finished second with a time of 18:40… In girls action, Woodruff defeated Clinton 22-35…. The girls ran their best times of the season and Hunter Benson finished just 0.002 of a second behind meet winner Lizzie McCallon…. For more match details click on the following: Woodruff at Clinton CC 9-30-13 The cross country team will be in action again today as they travel to Chapman.
- Volleyball… Last night the CHS volleyball teams hosted the Union County Yellow Jackets… In JV action, Clinton took the match 2-0 winning the first set by a score of 25-15 and the second set by a score of 25-10… Sorry but no varsity results at this time.
- Tennis: LDHS 7 – Westside 0… The Lady Raider tennis team moved to 6-3 in region play with a 7-0 win over Westside last night at the Laurens City Courts… Brittany Horner, Bailey Rush, Alley DeVuono, Sara Kayln Crocker, and Kathleen Horner all took wins in singles action… Westside had to forfeit one of the double matches and in the other the sister duo of Brittany and Kathleen Horner teamed up to take the other doubles win… For more match details, comments by Coach Corley and notes on JV action, click on the following link: 2013 Lady Raider Tennis Results
- Girls Golf: I need to do some catching up with girls golf at LDHS and the following information from Coach Jim Iacuone allows me to do that… The played in the Lady Panther Classic hosted by Chapman High School at Village Greens GC on Saturday. The team played pretty poorly and finished in ninth place with a team score of 463…. Alexus Moore was our low score with a 109…. Monday they traveled to Willow Creek GC to play Oakbrook Prep…. The Lady Raiders shot their best score of the season (202) but still fell to Oakbrook (181)… Raider scores were: Alexus Moore 45, Victoria Fleck 49, Makayla Rykard and Brooke Davis 54…. Yesterday the team played the final home match of the season… The raiders hosted Greenwood High School and won the match 205-224… Faith Word was the low score for the Lady Raiders with her personal best 49… She was also the match medalist which was the first time a raider has been able to claim that honor this season… Other score for LDHS were Alexus Moore, Victoria Fleck and Makayla Rykard who all shot a 52… The final match of the season in today as they to Holly Tree CC to play Mauldin and Riverside…. The Region I-AAAA tournament will be next Tuesday at Cobbs Glen CC in Anderson.
- Pittsburg 6 – Cincinnati 2… In NL wild card action, Russell Martin’s homered twice for the Pirates last night as they defeated the Cincinnati Red 6-2 in Pittsburg… The Pirates now move on to face the St Louis Cardinals in round 1 of the NL playoffs.
Local Sports Schedule:
- CC at Chapman 5:00
- Girls Golf vs. Mauldin & Riverside @ Holly Tree 4:30
- WLBG – Thursday: This Thursday we plan on broadcasting the LDHS 9th grade and JV team games live from KC Hannah Stadium as they host the Woodmont Wildcats…. Join me a couple of minutes before 5:30 as we start off with the 9th grade contest… Remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Spartanburg as the Red Devils will be taking on the Broome Centurions … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to the stadium at Woodmont for all the action as the Raiders take on the Woodmont Wildcats… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and Mike Hughes will join him for color commentary while Coach Lewis Compton reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7 or 102.9… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to BHP on Friday night… The cost will be $5.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side.
This & That:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.