Lets’ review the results in the main events from last Saturday night
- Limited…. The Limited main event had its share of crashes and then some and after all was said and done, Kevin Baker took the checkered flag… Billy Ruston finished second and in doing so clinched the Limited late Model Division Championship… Kevin Godwin finished third.
- Super Stock 4… Scott Nelson won the main event in the SS4 with Brian Nelson finishing second and Joe Gibson third.
- Hobby… Once they got the main event started in the Hobby division, Dusty Eaves took the lead and was never really challenged as he finished first… Tim Tollison and Dan Lawson were the next two to cross the finish line.
- Front-Wheel Drive…. Shane Roberts finished first in the FWD main event last Saturday night…. Robert Wright all but wrapped up the division title by finishing third.
- Crates… Tony Quarles took the checkered flag in the Crates main event… Terry Bullard and Zach Mitchell rounded out the top 3.
- Reminder… The gates open at 6:00 with racing starting at 8:00 each Saturday night out at the LCS
- Cross Country… Yesterday the CHS Cross Country team traveled to Chapman for a 4-way meet with Broome, Union and the host team Chapman… In boy’s action, the team finished 2nd behind Broome… However Red Devil Chris Patterson finished first with a time of 17:15… Most of the boys had their personal best times of the season… In girls action, finished 4th but not because of lack of effort as all the young ladies on the team had their personal best times… Hunter Benson finished 3rd with a time of 22:14… Click on the following for complete match details: Clinton at Chapman CC 10-2-13 Clinton will host the region meet next Tuesday at 5:00 pm at the Old CHS.
- Tennis: CHS 7 – Union 0… Back on Tuesday the Lady Red Devil tennis tam hosted Union County and took a convincing 7-0 win… Mason Paige Gambrell, Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughn, Sommer Lawton and Allison Oxner all claimed wins in singles action… Elizabeth Jones and Rachel Lloyd teamed up to take a win as the #2 doubles team while Gambrell and Waldron took the final win as the #1 doubles team… The team travels to Chapman today in further region action.
- Volleyball… Laurens 3 – Woodruff 2… Catching up on some volleyball at LDHS, back on Monday the Lady Raiders took a 3-2 win over the Lady Wolverines of Woodruff… Laurens took the first set 25-21 but Woodruff came back and took the second set 25-19… Woodruff then took the third set 25-20 but Laurens rebounded taking the fourth set 25-19… That set the stage for the fifth and deciding set which the Lady Raiders took 15-7… That made the team record 2-8 on the season.
- The Braves start their National League Division Series with the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight in Atlanta at 8:30…. I think it will be on TBS and don’t expect to see Dan Uggla in uniform for the Braves… He did not make the 25-man NLDS roster because of his offensive struggles late in the season.
Local Sports Schedule:
Middle School Football… All games start at 5:00
- Laurens @ Honea Path
- Bell St. White @ GCO
- Belton @ Hickory Tavern
- Sanders @ Bell St. Red
- JV FB host Broome 6:30
- JV/V Volleyball at Chapman 5:30/7:00
- Tennis at Chapman 4:30
- Girls Tennis @ TL Hannah 5:00
- Volleyball @ TL Hannah 6:30
- 9th Grade Football host Woodmont 5:30
- JV Football hoist Woodmont 7:30
- MS Football @ Wardlaw 6:00
- WLBG – Thursday: Today we plan on broadcasting the LDHS 9th grade and JV team games live from KC Hannah Stadium as they host the Woodmont Wildcats…. Join me a couple of minutes before 5:30 as we start off with the 9th grade contest… Remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Spartanburg as the Red Devils will be taking on the Broome Centurions … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to the stadium at Woodmont for all the action as the Raiders take on the Woodmont Wildcats… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and Mike Hughes will join him for color commentary while Coach Lewis Compton reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 99.5 or 102.9… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to Woodmont on Friday night… The cost will be $5.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.