Let’s recap results from last Saturday night’s main events
- Hobby…. Tinker Roberts won the main event in the Hobby Division… Tim Tollison finished second and Kyle Watkins third.
- Front Wheel Drive… Jody George took the checkered flag in the FWD’s main event… Megan Templeton and Shane Roberts rounded out the top 3…. Roger Wright captured the FWD Championship with his 7th place finish with one race to go in the season.
- Super Stock 4… The top three finishers in the SS$ last Saturday were Joe Gibson, David Baker and Tim Collins… Brian Nelson finished fourth and in doing so clinched the SS4 Championship for this season.
- Crates…. Timbo Mangum was first in the Crates…. Zack Mitchell was the next racer across the finish line with Josh Langley taking third… Terry Bullard also laid claim to the Crates Championship with his fourth place finish.
- Limited… Billy Rushton was the first driver across the finish line in the Limited division… Brad Rachels finished second and Kris Norwood third… By the way, Rushton had already claimed the Limited Championship coming into last week’s racing.
- The LCS season wraps up this weekend with the Laurens County Speedway State Championships. Activities start Thursday with practice and qualifying, and heats on Friday. Saturday will feature the regular racing nights for the Front-Wheel Drive, Super Stock 4, Hobby and Limited divisions, as well as the SECA Crate Division…. Pits open at 6 p.m. Thursday, 5 p.m. Friday (while the grandstand opens at 6 p.m.), and on Saturday the pits again open at 5 p.m. (with the grandstand again opening at 6 p.m.), with racing to follow… Payouts for the races, to win, are $400 (FWD), $600 (SS4 and Hobby), $1,500 (SECA Crate) and $2,013 Limited).
- Varsity Volleyball: Laurens 3 – JL Mann 0… Catching up on some volleyball at LDHS, the Lady Raider volleyball team defeated JL Mann on Tuesday 3-0 avenging an earlier loss at Mann… Laurens took the strait set victory by scores of 27-25, 28-26 and 23-17… Coach Duane Raabe noted the improvement in her 4-8 team and was excited about the remainder of the schedule… The Lady Raiders travel to Westside next Tuesday.
- NL… The Cardinals defeated the Pirates defeated the Pirates last night by a score of 6-1 to set up the national League Championship series with the Dodgers which will begin Friday night.
- AL… Detroit and Oakland will face of in the ALDS series game 5 tonight in Oakland… The winner will face Boston on the ALCS starting Saturday
Local Sports Schedule:
Middle School Football… All games start at 5:00
- Sanders @ Bell St. White
- Lauren @ Belton
- GCO @ Honea Path
- Bell St. Red @ Hickory Tavern… This game can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG
- JV FB at Chapman 6:00
- JV/V Volleyball at Chester 5:30/7:00
- Tennis at Chester 4:30
- Girls Tennis @ Greenwood 5:00
- 9th Grade & JV Football @ TL Hannah 5:30 / 7:30
- MS Football @ Greenwood Christian 6:00
- WLBG – Thursday: This Thursday we plan on broadcasting the Bell Street Red at Hickory Tavern game live from Hickory Tavern …. Join me a couple of minutes before 5:00 for all the action as the Wildcats take on the Panthers Remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be hosting the Chapman Panthers… It is also homecoming for the Red Devils… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Yellow Jackets of TL Hannah in a night of festivities as it is homecoming for the Raiders.… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side.
This & That:
Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be Friday October 11th at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Jerome Singleton, Commissioner of the South Carolina High School League… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.