- JV Football: CHS 32 – Chapman 16… Clinton JV picked up their third win in a row defeating Chapman 32-16 up at Chapman… Kevious Hunter got the scoring started on a five yard run in the first quarter… The two point conversion was no good and Clinton held a 6-0 lead. Tashymen Boyd scored early in the second to give Clinton a 12-0 lead… Clinton scored their final touchdown of the half on a 10 yard pass from Donovan Benson to Bowen Tiller giving Clinton an 18-0 lead at the half… After recovering an onside kick to start the second half, Kevious Hunter scored his second touchdown from 5 yards out giving Clinton a 24-0 lead. After Chapman scored two touchdowns on two straight possessions to cut the lead to 24-16, Clinton would score their final touchdown on a five yard run by Hunter. Benson connected with Boyd for the two point conversion pass to round out the scoring at 32-16. .. After the game Coach Chris Wofford said “We got a little complacent after going up 24-0, which is my fault. But we finished strong after going up 16 late in the 4th.”… Clinton will host Union County for their final home next game Thursday at Wilder Stadium.
- 9th Grade Football: LDHS 20 – TL Hannah 0… The 9th grade football team defeated TL Hanna 20-0 Thursday night in Anderson…. DQ Floyd got the Raiders on the board with a 46 yd TD run in the 2nd quarter.. Josh McGowan connected with Brayln McBeth in the 3rd quarter on a 40 yd TD pass to extend the lead to 12-0… Floyd would score from 5 yds. out in the 4th quarter to make it 18-0… McGowan tacked on the 2-point conversion to make it 20-0… The Raider defense recorded their first shutout of the season and forced Hanna to punt on every possession except 3… On those they recovered a fumble and had 2 interceptions.
- JV Football: Laurens 42 – TL Hannah 20… The Raider JV team completed the sweep of TL Hannah in Anderson with a 42-20 win… Laurens took the opening drive and scored when Graydon Hamby hit Darius Harvey with a 30 yd TD pass… Irvin Angles added the PAT kick (He made all of them last night) and the raiders were up 7-0 early… The Raiders scored again with 1:00 left in 1st quarter on 1 yd TD run by Chuck Johnson… Hannah then scored making it 14-8… Johnson again scored on a 1 yd TD run with about 5:30 left in 2nd period putting the Raiders up 21-8… The Raiders got on the board again when Jamarius Mach had a pick-6 of about 40 yds. with 3:19 left in the half… Hannah then scored with 1:40 left in half to make it 28-14 Laurens… In the third quarter Hamby again connected with Harvey on a short pass in the flat that Harvey turned into a 30 yd TD run with 5:29 left in 3rd… In the 4th period Hamby hit Kiante Boyd with a 15 yd scoring strike to put Laurens up 42-14… Hannah scored again with 6:02 left in the contest making the final score 42-20 as the Raiders ran out the clock… Coach Dailey stated after the game “It was a good team win with good line blocking and overall good defense that gave up a few big plays.”
Middle School Football:
- BSR 46 – Hickory Tavern 25… The BSR Wildcat offense was pretty much clicking on all cylinders as they defeated the HT Panthers 46-25 at HT last night… BSR scored on their first possession going 57 yards in 4 plays with Tobias Smith scoring from 10 yards out… The 2-point PAT was added Kris Holmes… On BSR’s next possession Holmes scored on a 50 yard run to make the score 16-0 with Jaquan Davis’ 2 point conversion…. The Wildcats recovered the ensuing kickoff after it touched a HT player touched the ball but could not control it… Five plays later Holmes scored again on an eighteen yard run with just 19 seconds left in the opening quarter… Smith added the 2-point conversion making the score 24-0… HT got on the board in the second quarter on an 88 yard pass play when flanker Will Tinsley connected with Cameron Koon who was all alone behind the Wildcat secondary… Jario Cruz added the PAT to make it 24-7 with a minute left in the half… BSR responded on their next play from scrimmage as Holmes rumbled 56 yards for the score… This made the score 30-7 which was the score at the half…. After receiving the opening kickoff in the second half, HT wasted little time getting back on the board on a 60 yard TD run by Ryan Draper… The PAT failed and the score was cut to 30-13… On the Panthers next possession they also scored on a 1 play drive when Draper again carried the ball this time for a 49 yard score… The PAT failed so the score stood 30-19 with 4:09 left in the 3rd quarter… BSR responded immediately on their next play from scrimmage as Tobias Smith scored on a 53 yard run… Jaquan Davis added the 2-point PAT making the score 38-19 with 3:18 left In the quarter… HT then fumbled during their next possession with Sam Tiller recovering for BSR at the Wildcat 42 yard line… Six plays later Titus Hood scored on a 4 yard run with Cole Prince adding the 2-point conversion making it 46-19 with 4:59 left in the game… Hickory tavern never quit and on their next possession went 66 yards in 6 plays with Jario Cruz carrying the ball the last 37 yards making the final score 46-25 with BSR going to 3-1 on the season… Coach John Lapomarta was able to play his bench with substitutions starting in the second period… He noted his team’s effort in a “complete game”… HY Coach Rob Sheffield also was proud of his teams effort against a good BSR team… HT goes 0-4 on the season.
- Sanders 20 – Bell Street White 0…. The Sanders Yellow jackets continue to be the only unbeaten team in the Little River Conference as they took a 20-0 win in Clinton over the BSW team… Troy Dendy connected with Tye Foster for Sanders first score… After BSW could not move the ball on their next possession, Dendy broke of a 51-yard TD run… Sanders last score came early in the 4th quarter when Dendy got loose on a 91 yard TD jaunt… Justin Anderson sealed the win with an interception late in the game… Coach Mike Turner of BS noted how proud he was of his teams’ effort after the game and noted they could just not punch it in when they had the chance but gave Sanders credit for that… Coach JR Reid also applauded his team’s effort but also noted the effort but forth by the BSW team… BSW goes to 1-3 on the season
- Laurens Middle 32 – Belton 14… The LMS Tigers traveled to Belton and came back home with a 32-14 win… Tyreese Moses connected with Isaiah Bennet on a pair of TD tosses that were about 50 yards each… Tye Rice added 2 rushing TDs for the Tigers… LMS and Belton are now both 2-2 in conference play
- Honea Path 45 – Gray Court-Owings 14… The GCO Tigers were also on the road traveling to HP but their ride back seemed a little longer as HT took a 45-12 win… Kydale Milton had a 60 yard TD run for GCO added the 2-point conversion… Quarterback Josh Adams earlier had a 40 run for the Tigers… HP goes to 3-1 on the season while GCO’s record evens at 2-2.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity Football will host Chapman – Homecoming 7:30
- Varsity Football host TL Hannah (Homecoming) 7:30
- 10/12 Volleyball @ Pickens Tournament
- Varsity Football host Fountain Inn Christian (Homecoming) 7:30
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be hosting the Chapman Panthers… It is also homecoming for the Red Devils… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Yellow Jackets of TL Hannah in a night of festivities as it is homecoming for the Raiders… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be Friday October 11th at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Jerome Singleton, Commissioner of the South Carolina High School League… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.