Local Sports Results:
- JV Football: Union County 41 – CHS 14… Clinton lost to Union County in their final home game of the year 41-14. Union county got on the board first on a td pass and the extra point made it 7-0… Clinton was held on its next possession and was forced to punt and had the punt blocked and returned for a touchdown… The extra point made it 14-0… Clinton had to punt on its next possession and did not get the punt off and gave Union County another short field and they took advantage of it with another TD pass and extra point to go up 21-0 in the second period… Clinton fumbled its next possession and Union County scored a third touchdown on a short field to go up 28-0… Clinton took its next possession and used a variety of backs (Kevious Hunter, Tyshamen Boyd, Zikaik Livingston, and Coco Richey) to drive all the way to 2 yard before Livingston scored on 4th down… Donovan Benson connected with Daniel Moore on the two point play to cut the lead to 28-8 at the half. ..The score would stay that way until 3 minutes to go when Union County ran it in from 9 yards out to take a 35-8 lead. Clinton would score one final time with 9 seconds left on a 60 yard run by Tra Jones… The two point conversion was no good and Clinton trailed 35-14… Union County would score one final time on a 70 yd kickoff return as time expired to make the final 41-14… Coach Chris Wofford stated “Special teams and turnovers killed us tonight… We did not help our defense out by putting them in some bad situations with short fields… But we continued to battle against a very good Union County team”.. Clinton (4-4) will travel to Chester next week to take on the Cyclones… Contributed by Coach Wofford.
- Volleyball… The Red Devil volleyball teams traveled to Union County and the varsity fell 3-1 while the JVs fell 2-1… Sorry no other details available at this time.
- Hillcrest canceled both the 9th grade and JV games and at this time they are not expected to be made up.
Middle School Football
- Honea Path 20 – Bell Street White 0… The Bell Street white team hosted Honea Path last night and the visitors took a 20-0 win over the Wildcats… Coach Mike Turner said his team struggled on offense and for the most part played well on defense although they did have trouble getting H.P off the field at times.
- Bell Street Red 28 – Gray Court Owens 16… Better news for the BSR team as they took a 28-16 win over GCO at GCO yesterday… Taylor Bailey started the scoring for BSR with a 50 TD run.. Kris Holes added the 2 point conversion…. Holmes had 3 rushing TDs himself on runs of 40, 30 and 22 yards… BSR had 2 interceptions one each for Cole Prince and Shmeek Gaskins… GCO quarterback Josh Adams had a 3 yard TD run and the 2 point conversion and he also completed a 47 yard pass to Josh Green for another score…. Adams also tacked on the 2-point conversion on that play.
- Laurens Academy 58 – Oak Level Baptist Academy 18… The Laurens Academy Crusaders hosted the Panthers of Oak Level Baptist Academy of North Carolina last night in the Crusaders final home game of the season… When the final horn sounded, the Crusaders had defeated the Panthers 56-18… Robert Williams, Peyton Robertson, Caleb Green and Caleb Foster all had rushing TDs…. Ryan Holmes completed TD passes to Cole James, Hunter Elwood and two scoring tosses to Mathew Urwick… Click on following to see more notes on the game: 10-27-13 host Oak Level Notes
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity Football @ Union County 7:30
- Varsity Football host Hillcrest 7:30
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Union as the Red Devils will be hosting the Union County Yellow Jackets… It is also homecoming for the Red Devils… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WPCC: Remember you can hear all the action as the Gamecocks travel to Tennessee to take on the Volunteer this Saturday… Pregame coverage starts at 11:00.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Rams of Hillcrest for first place in Region 1-AAAA..… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Raider Pink Out: At this Friday’s varsity football gave vs. Hillcrest, LDHS will be holding a Raider Pink Out Event in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month… We are asking everyone in the community to wear pink to the game to show their support.
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be Friday October 25th at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Mike Ayers, Head Coach of the Wofford Terriers… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.