- Cross Country… Yesterday I told you that the Red Devil Girls Cross Country team finished 5th in the Region Championship Meet on Tuesday and the boys finished 3rd… At that time I did not have the complete match results showing times for each runner and exact order of finish…. Well those results are now available and if you check my sports report for today you will find a link to them…. Thanks to Coach Atkinson for getting those to me… Click on following to see results: 2013 Woodruff XC Region Champ
- Girls Tennis: Laurens 4 – Hillcrest 3… Yesterday the Laurens Lady Raider Tennis team traveled to Simpsonville to finish their regular in a match with Hillcrest that was postponed from last Thursday… The ride back was a good one for the Raiders as they defeated the Lady Rams 4-3… The win means that the Raider finished 3rd in the region and will advance into the playoffs next Tuesday against an opponent yet to be determined… Match details are not available at this time but when they do become available, I’ll pass them on to you.
- Boston 8 – St Louis 1… In game 1 of the World Series last night in Boston, the Red Sox took an 8-1 win over the Cardinals… The Red Sox jumped out to a 5-0 lead at the end of the 2nd inning and never looked back as their starter and ace Jon Lester pitched 7⅔ strong innings… David Ortiz had a 2-run homer for the victors… Ortiz and Mike Napoli each had 3 RBIs for the Red Sox… Matt Holliday’s solo homer in the 9th inning for the Cards prevented the shutout… Game 2 is tonight and can again be seen on Fox.
Local Sports Schedule:
Middle School Football: All games start at 5:00 pm
- Belton @ BSR
- BSW @ Hickory Tavern
- GCO @ Laurens
- Sanders @ Honea Path
- JV Football @ Chester 6:00
- Volleyball host Greenwood 5:00 / 6:30
- 9th grade and JV Football host Westside 5:30 / 7:30
- MS Football @ Spartanburg Christian 6:00
- WLBG: The Laurens 9th grade and JV football teams will be hosting the Westside Rams this Thursday night at KC Hannah Stadium… I hope you can make it out but if not, we plan on broadcasting the games on Real Radio 860 WLBG…. Join Mike Hughes about 5:30 and remember you can hear all the action live streaming on the internet at WLBG.com
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be hosting the Chester Cyclones… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the previous night’s game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… After Stan, we will have Stanley’s Stinkers where Stanley tells us who is going to lose…. We will then go live to Westside High School for all the action as the Raiders take on the Rams of Westside in Region 1-AAAA action..… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to Westside on Friday night… The cost will be $6.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be tomorrow at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Mike Ayers, Head Coach of the Wofford Terriers… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.