- JV Football: Clinton 28 – Chester 0…. The Red Devil JV team traveled to Chester yesterday and came home with a 28-0 win over the Cyclones… Sorry no details available at this time
- Tennis: Clinton 4 – Chapman 1… The Lady Red Devil Tennis team traveled to Broome yesterday to face Chapman in a match that would determine the region 3-AAA Championship… Good news as the Lady Devils prevailed by a score of 4-1 over Chapman to claim the region title… Gracie Waldron, Sela Vaughn, Sommer Lawton and Allison Oxner all took wins in singles action… The doubles did not play since Clinton had already clinched the title in singles play… Clinton winds up the regular season 12-4 with an overall record of 12-4 and 11-1 in the region… They will host Camden in a first round playoff match next Tuesday at a time yet to be determined… Congratulations to the Lady Red Devil Tennis Team!!
- 9th Grade Football: Laurens 26 – Westside 0… The Raider 9th grade team ran its record to 4-3 with a 26-0 win over the Rams of Westside last night at KC Hannah Stadium… DQ Floyd scored on runs of 6, 9 and 24 yards… Laurens other score came on a 79 yard pass play from Chris McGowan to Jacob Thomason… The Laurens defense held the Rams out of the endzone after the Rams had driven all the way to the Laurens 1 and 13 yard lines in the 2nd half.
- JV Football: Laurens 24 – Westside 6… After the 9th grade finished, the JV team ran their record to 6-1 as they defeated Westside 24-6… Toby Jackson scored twice on runs of 5 and 1 yard… Graydon Hamby connected with Desario Whitmore for a 31 yard pass play…. The only Ram score came in the second half when they recovered a Laurens fumble at the Raider 12 and scored 2 plays later on a TD pass.
Middle School Football
- Bell Street Red 50 – Belton 12… In action at Wilder Stadium, BSR took a 50-12 win over Belton.. Kris Holmes had TD runs of 3, 8 and 45 yards… Tobias Smith scored on runs of 41 & 55 yards…Quantez McGowan had runs of 18 and 30 yards.
- Hickory Tavern 8 – Bell Street White 6… The Panthers of Hickory Tavern picked up their first win of the season with an 8-6 win over BSW,… Ryan Draper had the only TD for HT and also added the 2-point conversion… Dawson Green had the lone score for BSW.
- Laurens Middle School 30 – Gray Court-Owens 20 … Dre Mills led the LMS Tigers to a 30-20 win over the GCO Tigers… Mills scored on TD runs of 20, 44 & 50 yards and he also returned a kickoff for 55 yards scoring his 4th TD….LMS drove to the BSW 2 yard line with seconds left in the game but took a knee to end the game.
- Sanders 30 – Honea Path 18…. The Sanders Yellow Jackets remain undefeated with a 30-18 win over HP in HP yesterday… Troy Dendy led the Yellow Jackets with TD runs of 8 & 89 yard… He also had a scoring pass to Ty Foster that covered 20 yards …. Justin Anderson also scored on a 5 yard run… The win last night gives Sanders the Little River Conference
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity Football host Chester 7:30
- Varsity Football @ Westside 7:30
- Varsity Football @ Charleston Collegiate
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be hosting the Chester Cyclones… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the previous night’s game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… After Stan, we will have Stanley’s Stinkers where Stanley tells us who is going to lose…. We will then go live to Westside High School for all the action as the Raiders take on the Rams of Westside in Region 1-AAAA action..… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to Westside on Friday night… The cost will be $6.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be today at the Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Mike Ayers, Head Coach of the Wofford Terriers… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.