- Girls Tennis: Clinton 6 – Camden 0….The Lady Red Devil Tennis team hosted Camden in first round Class-AAA playoff action last night and good news as the Red Devils took a 6-0 win over the Lady Bulldogs of Camden… Mason Paige Gambrell (6-2, 6-4), Gracie Waldron (6-1-, 6-0), Sela Vaughan (6-1, 6-1) and Allison Oxner (6-0, 6-1) all took straight set wins in singles action…. Sommer Lawton lost the first set 5-7 but rebounded to take the second set 6-2 and then took the tie breaker 10-7…. Elizabeth Jones and Rachel Lloyd teamed up to take a straight set win (6-1, 6-2) in doubles action…. The Lady Red Devils will now host Southside tomorrow in round two action…. Go ahead and make plans to come out and cheer on the Lady Red Devils tomorrow.
- Girls Tennis: Irmo 7 – Laurens 0 … The Lady Raider Tennis team was also in action yesterday down at Irmo High in first round Class-AAAA action…. Unfortunately the ride home was not as pleasant as it could have been as Irmo took a 7-0 win over the Raiders… This was the 4th straight year that the team has made it to the playoffs. For complete match details and comments by Coach Corley lick on the following link: Lady Raider Tennis Results Congratulations to the team for a great season.
- Jeff Gordano finally picked up a win last Sunday at Martinsville breaking a 32 race drought…. Matt Kenseth, Clint Bowyer, Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson rounded out the top 5…. With just 3 races left in the season, the standings in the Chase for the Sprint Cup now have Matt Kenseth and Jimmie Johnson tied for the lead…. Gordon moves up to 3rd just 27 points behind the leaders and Kevin Harvick (28 point back) and Kyle Busch (36 points back) round out the top 5.
Local Sports Schedule:
Middle School Football: All games begin at 5:00
- Bell Street Red vs. Bell Street White @ Wilder Stadium, Can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Hickory Tavern at Gray Court-Owens
- Sander vs. Laurens Middle at KC Hannah Stadium … This game will be broadcast on Real Radio 860 WLBG
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Wilder Stadium as the Red Devils will be hosting the Woodruff Wolverines…. A lot will be on the line as the Red Devils will be playing for a possible home game in the first round of the playoffs next week… It is also Senior Night.… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the previous night’s game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… After Stan, we will have Stanley’s Stinkers where Stanley tells us who is going to lose…. We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Patriots of JL Mann in Region 1-AAAA action..… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be Friday November 8th at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speaker will be Kyle Kallander, Commissioner of the Big South Conference… It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.