- Conway & Nichols Sign… Yesterday morning CHS had two senior athletes sign letters of intent to continue their education and continue their athletic careers at two in-state universities… Hunter Nichols signed with Furman University and continue to play golf for them… Meanwhile Okevius Conway signed with the University of South Carolina and will become a member of the Gamecock baseball team… Click on the following link to link to a posting where I have an interview with each of them: Two CHS Athletes Sign Letters of Intent.
- Clinton at Daniel… Well the Red Devils put their 5-game winning streak on the line as they travel to Central tonight to take on the Daniel Lions… The Lions are undefeated on the season and averaging 42 points per game while their defense averages giving up 9 points per game… It will be quite a challenge for the Red Devils but I seem to recall that back in 2009 the road to the state championship went through Daniel and they were pretty heavily favored then… Seem to me Clinton took that game and went on to win the championship that year…. You know a large crowd would be a big help to the team so go on up and support the Red devils as they really deserve it after the way they have turned their season around.
- Laurens at North Augusta… The Laurens Raiders will hit the road tonight for the 2-hour drive down to North Augusta to take on the Yellow Jackets in first round play in the Class-AAAA Division II playoffs… The Jackets are 10-1 on the season and averaging about 42 points per game while giving up an average of 13 points per game… The Raiders are coming off the disappointing overtime loss to Greenwood last Friday night but don’t count them out… There is a very real chance for them to “surprise” some folks before this is over… Would like to see a lot of you down there to help cheer them on and remember there will be a fan bus leaving LDHS at 5:15 and the cost is $7.00 for the ride plus you ticket cost when you get there.. Call 982-9117 to reserve place on the bus… Space is limited… carry your FM radio and pick up the call of the game on our in-stadium transmitter on 89.9 or 97.3 whichever I find is better when I get there.
This & That
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will be Friday November 22nd at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speakers will be will Merritt Clemson football color commentator and Todd Ellis Voice of the Gamecocks. … It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday night as they get you ready for all the action from Clemson as the Red Devils will be taking on the Daniel Lions in 2nd round action in the Class-AAA playoffs…. A lot will be on the line as the Red Devils will shooting to extend their 5-game winning streak… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the previous night’s game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… After Stan, we will have Stanley’s Stinkers where Stanley tells us who is going to lose…. We will then go live to North Augusta for all the action as the Raiders take on the Yellow Jackets… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines and Philip Dean will bring you all the statistics… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 89.9 or 97.3…. I’ll find out which one is better once I get there.
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.