- Meet the Devils… Last night CHS hosted a Meet the Devils Night for all the basketball teams in School District 56.. All 4 teams from Bell Street Middle School were introduced as well as all 4 JV and varsity teams for CHS… Dr. David Barnes also had information for parents and those assembled regarding NCAA core course requirements and sportsmanship expectations for players, coaches and fans in School District 56… Below are a few photos taken at the meeting.
High School Football Playoffs: While it is true that all the local schools have been eliminated from the high school playoff scene, some of the “close by” teams and teams that are in Clinton and Laurens region are still in action… Below are some of those games that might be of interest:
- A: Christ Church puts the state’s longest winning streak on the line as they travel to Lamar
- AA II: Chesnee host Ninety Six
- AA I: Fairfield Central host Newberry
- AAA: Greer host Daniel and Chapman host BHP
- AAAA I: Byrnes host Lexington, Hillcrest host Sumter and Summerville host Boiling Springs
College Basketball Scores:
- Women: SC State 43 – PC 41… The Blue Hose women’s team played the SC State Lady Bulldogs close all night but came up a little short as SC State took a 43-41 win in Orangeburg last night… Karlee Taylor led PC in scoring with 9 points…. PC is now 1-4 on the young season.
- Men: Old Dominion 69 – PC 51… The PC men’s team went stone cold the first 5 minutes of their game in Virginia against Old Dominion and fell behind by double digits early.. They trailed 45-22 at the half but mounted a come-back outscoring OD in the second half but it was just not enough as they fell 69-51… Jordan Downing led the PC attack with 18 points… PC drops to 1-4 on the season with the loss.
- Men: Clemson 70 – Temple 58… In men’s action, the Clemson Tigers played their first road game last night taking on the Temple Owls down in Charleston in the Charleston Classic… The Tigers trailed by 3 at the half (34-31) but took over in the second half as they took a 71-58 win over the Owls to keep their season record perfect at 4-0… K.J. McDaniel led the Tigers with 20 points
College Volleyball: The Big South Volleyball Championship Tournament continues today at PC.
- Matches on tap today: No. 1 seed Radford vs. No. 4 Liberty – 4:30 pm and No. 2 Coastal Carolina vs. No. 3 High Point – 7:00 pm.
- Last night PC lost their match with Coastal Carolina 3-0 ending their season.
- New Orleans 17 – Atlanta 13… In NFL action last night, the Saints defeated the Falcons 17-13 in Atlanta… The Falcons are now 2-8 on the season… Sorry Coz.
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The next meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club will today at Lakeside Country Club at noon… In addition to the local high school coaches recapping games from the last two weeks they will also bring their standout players from those games… Coach Harold Nichols of PC is also scheduled to be there also bringing players and recapping the recent Blue Hose games… The featured speakers will be will Merritt Clemson football color commentator and Todd Ellis Voice of the Gamecocks. … It is not too late to join the club… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Basketball & Cheerleading: Registration is now open for Youth Basketball and Cheerleading which will start December 19th… There will be age appropriate groupings for youth ages 5-12 in basketball and for grades K5-6th grade for cheerleading… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Thursday December 12th… Click on the following link for much more information about the basketball and cheerleading programs or call the Y at 833-1555.: Clinton YMCA Basketball and Cheerleading 2013-14
- Laurens YMCA: Basketball: Registration is now open for youth basketball at the Laurens YMCA… The season will begin January 6th, 2014 and the registration deadline is December 15th… There will be age appropriate groups for youth ages 3 – 15… You can register at Member Services during normal business hours or contact Josie Parker at email@example.com… For more complete information click on the following: Laurens YMCA Basketball 2013-14
- City of Laurens Parks & Recreation Basketball: The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department is also registering youth for their youth basketball program… There will be 3 age appropriate groups available… The cost is $30 and the deadline to register is December 2nd… Registration can be done at their office at the Little River Park during normal business hours… For more information call 681-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.